30 Pound Goldfish Caught in France

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Try 30 lbs weights.lol It's so easy to throw preconceived notions but there is always a possibility that he can actually lift the fish well. How can you prove it's fake?

h2oguy

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Not sure if its photoshopped or not , but when I was growing up fishing the creeks and rivers around Maggie Vally in N.C. we used to catch goldfish that were well over 15 pounds regularly. From what my grandpa said, at one time they used goldfish for bait, they were called Baltimore Minnows way back in the day.They got loose or were dumped into lake Junealuska(sp) and pretty much took it over

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
it might be big..and weigh 30 lbs but the way he is holding this fish make it look bigger is all...iv cough 30lb salmon, and its hard to hold that big of a thrashing fish out of the water..(though he does look to be crouching), but he could be strong ^_^. so could be real could be fake

for the most part i think it just looks bigger because of the way it is being held away from his body....

Shogun_FC

AC Members
Dec 18, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy
Fishing being my main hobby, I've been carp fishing more times than I can count. Caught plenty of carp the size of that fish, only difference I see in that fish from a common carp, is color. Fins, shape and everything is that of a carp. Don't know much about goldfish or koi, but I'm pretty sure koi are pretty much fancy lookin carp, not shocked by that picture at all, would safely call that a legit photo.

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
There's no reason that fish can't be real. The fish is closer to the camera than the man, so it looks bigger than in really is. It really annoys me that just because Photoshop exists, people on the internet think that every photo of something they haven't seen before is automatically fake

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
There's no reason that fish can't be real. The fish is closer to the camera than the man, so it looks bigger than in really is. It really annoys me that just because Photoshop exists, people on the internet think that every photo of something they haven't seen before is automatically fake
:iagree:

Saraswati828

AC Members
Sep 5, 2010
Asheville, NC
Real Name
Wendy
Not sure if its photoshopped or not , but when I was growing up fishing the creeks and rivers around Maggie Vally in N.C. we used to catch goldfish that were well over 15 pounds regularly. From what my grandpa said, at one time they used goldfish for bait, they were called Baltimore Minnows way back in the day.They got loose or were dumped into lake Junealuska(sp) and pretty much took it over
I grew up going to lake Junaluska and still take my family there now that I'm an adult. I have never seen these "Baltimore Minnows" That would be interesting.

I don't know if it is photoshopped or not but I think that they made a fish and that guy held it. That is my opinion. you would be shocked what can be accomplished by talented people. I say it's a real picture of a fake fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store