4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GraphicGr8s

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
Real Name
George
It just looked like PT from the color of the pics. If you had used PT I would not have said any thing. I just would have thought you nutty is all. But I wouldn't have actually said it.

OK That's a lie. We all know I would have said it. PT and fish tanks just don't go together.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Got the second coat on the frame tonight. I didn't get to it last night with everything else I had to do. Our redfoot tortoise female laid 6 eggs this week. One the other day and 5 since then.

Actually, the one piece on the left is pressure treated. It won't come in contact with the water though.

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
4300 Gallon Fish tank, redfoot tortoise, and probably more. Sounds more like a Zoo to me then a house. How much is admission? :p

GraphicGr8s

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
Real Name
George
Got the second coat on the frame tonight. I didn't get to it last night with everything else I had to do. Our redfoot tortoise female laid 6 eggs this week. One the other day and 5 since then.

Actually, the one piece on the left is pressure treated. It won't come in contact with the water though.
True, but you do have a baby coming soon. And they seem to have a way of breaking pieces off of things and that piece winding up in his/her mouth. That PT is just plain nasty stuff. The old stuff was worse but still...

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
4300 Gallon Fish tank, redfoot tortoise, and probably more. Sounds more like a Zoo to me then a house. How much is admission? :p
Box turtles, redfoots, russians, a sulcata, bearded dragons, frilled dragon, river cooters, western painteds, mud turtle, two dogs, dubia roach colony, mealworms, and a lot of aquariums. Everyone always says we should charge admission.

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
Box turtles, redfoots, russians, a sulcata, bearded dragons, frilled dragon, river cooters, western painteds, mud turtle, two dogs, dubia roach colony, mealworms, and a lot of aquariums. Everyone always says we should charge admission.
Sounds like our house. 2 turtles(Red ear slider and a Mud Turtle{stinks}), 2 dogs(Merle Great Dane and a Shih Tzu), 2 cats, 7 fancy rats, 2 ball Pythons and a bunch of Aquariums. We are not done yet we are looking for Lovebirds or gerbils for our kids. lol.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Sounds like our house. 2 turtles(Red ear slider and a Mud Turtle{stinks}), 2 dogs(Merle Great Dane and a Shih Tzu), 2 cats, 7 fancy rats, 2 ball Pythons and a bunch of Aquariums. We are not done yet we are looking for Lovebirds or gerbils for our kids. lol.
Go with the gerbils unless you want mini roosters (lovebirds).

GraphicGr8s

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
Real Name
George
That's inside the tank, not outside.
So the baby could go diving and oh never mind. The sarcasm is not coming easily today.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!.

P.S. Have enjoyed reading all of the pages of this thread with all of the heartbreaks. I'm sure your going to enjoy all your hard work pretty soon. Talking about the tank here. But in a few months you'll have that little baby to enjoy all the more. Congratulations there too Pete.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store