450 Gallon Starfire glass planted tank with Manzanita wood

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bansart

AC Members
Feb 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Real Name
Ivan
that is some serious tank.. The system looks clean, nice setup. I gotta tell you, Not only am I jelous of the tank and the super filtration but the driftwood!!!! THE DRIFTWOOD!! looks awesome!

plantbrain

AC Members
Apr 27, 2001
Davis, CA
www.BarrReport.com
The Ehiems are used since the client works 6 ft away from the tank(I told him I thought adding this tank in his office was a bad idea.......he's going to reduce production and not work, then will not be able to pay his bills). This is for noise factors, we really cannot remotely filter, so Ehiems are quiet and easy to service in this environment. There are 2 x 40 W UV's, 2 of the ehiems are heater units, and then the other's go to 4 x CO2 reactors.

I'll detail the lighting out in about 4 weeks once we set it up more.
Still some work to do.

I suppose I could sound proot a different filter system, but it would cost more than the filtration system cost to do correctly. I had to do that for a client and learned more about sound proofing than I ever thought or considered possible. That is an "art".

Regards,
Tom Barr

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
What? it's not done yet??

(kiddin)
very nice(not kiddin)

Blitzkrieger

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
North Little Rock Ar
425 gallons of water = 3600 lbs
wood/substrate = 200 lbs
tank= 800 lbs
stand= 400 lbs
filters = 150 lbs

Quick estimate = 5150 lbs

I hope hes on the bottom floor of his office...

I wonder if my wife will let me get one of these for our 2nd floor apartment - its wonderful!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store