450 Gallon Starfire glass planted tank with Manzanita wood

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
I think I'm lizzing.
:rofl: :rofl: that was a classic episode.

Amazing wood! Something about turning over a 400+ gallon tank to neons just kills my soul though.

SuBXeRo

TaNkAsAuRaUs REX
Jul 22, 2008
NJ and AZ
that is def some serious weight, i hope that floor holds up, if its a hgihrise type office building, i would assume the floor could hold a hell of a lot

plantbrain

AC Members
Apr 27, 2001
Davis, CA
www.BarrReport.com
I'd much rather see a school of 1000 small color fish schooling than a few large "pets".

You see plenty of large tanks with a few large fish, you do not see many with large schools of fish however.

Large fish also make the tank appear smaller than it is, smaller fish make it look larger............

Regards,
Tom Barr

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I'd much rather see a school of 1000 small color fish schooling than a few large "pets".

You see plenty of large tanks with a few large fish, you do not see many with large schools of fish however.

Large fish also make the tank appear smaller than it is, smaller fish make it look larger............

Regards,
Tom Barr
I agree!

Very nice job so far Tom, can't wait to see the progress of this one! :)

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.

JK47

VERITAS A?QUITAS
Sep 1, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Real Name
Justin
I'm hoping to see a school of 40 cories to go with the neons.
Eleventeen times agreed on the above! Especially if they are Sterbea, my favorite by far. I would add a large school of Rummynose as well.

I thought the same about not doing the neons at first too but since this tank is in the guys office it makes sense to have a hardy fish that doesn't require any specialty foods etc... I wouldn't have the heart to leave a Fahaka or ray or something to that nature at the office for the weekend....

Plus a school that big would be pretty mezmorizing to watch while NOT working!

Jag1980

Got Plants?
Aug 18, 2008
Marysville, Wa
Many little fish are much better then couple big fish, also less mess.

I owned a Female Jag Cichlid in the past at 15" and it was boring..

I now keep fish species that stay around 1" much for fun with less mess :thm:

You could put allot of small species in a tank that size

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store