55g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Lose the cyps. IMHO they need more space than 55 gallons, although many people say 55 is the minumum. Even the non jumbos reach 4-5" and are very active and skittish at times. Paracyps would be nice substitutes. They stay a lot closer to the rock piles but will be in more of the upper regions of the tank.

What about shell dwellers?

Xavi

Sillyboy
Mar 11, 2007
Worcester, MA
I currently have similis. I I was going to get rid of them, but maybe I could keep them.

How do you think this would do:
Inkfin calvus 3 (1m & 2f) - I already have these in my 36.
similis - I have 20+ in my tank now. Time do a trade with my lfs.
Eretmodus cyanocistis - pair
Synodontis polli 3-5

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Sound like a good plan to me. I found the 55 gallon tank lacking in the depth I wanted for a community of Tangs, if you're trying to fill the niches of the tank. I am leery of synos, as they can snatch up fry if you're planning to breed. If not, I'd say it sounds good.

rogersb

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
I have wild kigomas. Very attractive gobies, my favorite so far, easily. They will not look like the photo, but are still very attractive. Once they start breeding look out!. I have a pair of spathodus currently that are throwing 16+ fry every other month and they're smaller than my eretmodus.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I currently have similis. I I was going to get rid of them, but maybe I could keep them.

How do you think this would do:
Inkfin calvus 3 (1m & 2f) - I already have these in my 36.
similis - I have 20+ in my tank now. Time do a trade with my lfs.
Eretmodus cyanocistis - pair
Synodontis polli 3-5
Sounds good!

Do the paracyps need as much room as the cyps? If they don't, maybe I'll get a small group of them instead of the synos.
Not as much open water but they will need lots of rock work, which may pose problems with the calvus and gobies if they become too competitive for territories. Not sure who would come out on top...for sure not the calvus.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
are you willing to ship similis. bcuz i might be interested in buying some.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store