55gal setup update

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Sorta bailed out on the THR at the last moment because almost all of my tanks are THR and i wanted to do something different still don't know if i am satisfied with this look..

I am going to look for 3 huge rocks for the center piece and i believe that will give me the look i am looking for..
I like a lot the look of those rocks, Pitt! But I also like your idea of adding 3 huge rocks as centerpiece.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Hey austin sorry buddy but wow shipping would be so expensive on that rock you would.. you would have to mail a small piece each time..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
New Arrivals

Just received five 2" OB Peacocks from our fish club pretty cool looking fish and they will be going outside soon into a 500gal + above ground pond AKA Fish Vacation pond along with some Saulosi and Afra as well as some orange zebra's..

These guys that are going outside should really put some size on and breed with the abundance of bug life and insects available..

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Nice little peacocks, Pitt!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
what temp does it get in the summer and is it safe to put the fish outside with them eating the wild bugs and all. ive thought about doing that but down here in texas it gets like 100degrees in the middle of summer and sometimes the temp goes way down in the evening.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Hey Afro.. Yeah a few more rocks is all i need but hey that sand and those rocks have made this tank really bright..

Hey Austin.. The hottest it gets here is like 99F in the middle of summer and the night lows are lower 80F i never had any issues with the heat but then again my vacation pond is under a tree and doesn't receive direct sunlight.. Bugs and insects are great foods for them and with the volume of water 500gal man they grow pretty nice and wow the colors just pop off the chart plus i feed NLS pellets as well.. The fry ratio is out standing as well, i plan to put all of my Mbuna out there and by fall i will probably double sometimes triple my fish with fry.. What i will do is donate some to my fish club and trade some for foods and of course cherry pick the ones i want to keep for myself..

Simplicity of this is that i bought all the stuff i needed at a hardware store minus the pond liner.. Its about 10 foot long 3 feet wide 3 feet deep well almost 3 feet deep, the whole thing was constructed out of cinder blocks dropped my liner in and capped off with same shape as the cinder blocks cap stones or stepping stones..

Winter look of the above ground Vacation pond only fish from indoors come outside to enjoy the bug life..

027.JPG

This is last summers look to the Vacation pond..

021.JPG

I think you will be fine Austin give it a try..

027.JPG 021.JPG

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
lol i made all my friends laugh when we where sitting in biology and i saw your pond cuz i shouted out "OMG im so doin this" (they all have sick minds) but yeah im so doin that. it looks awsome. what kinda plants are those?

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Thanks buddy yeah i say go for it price check cinder blocks i bought mine from lowes but sometimes you can find them cheaper..

Under water plants will be java fern and Anacharis.. Top water is Hyacinth floating plants some parrots feather and arrowheads all come back except the Hyacinth and i bring out the java fern..

Arrowhead is a bog plant that sits in a basket under the water and the stem and leaves in the shape of an arrowhead sprout up.. local water gardens carry all of these plants except the java fern if you need some java i can send you some i have plenty..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store