56 gallon slight update.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
I'm kinda envious actually. I love natural tanks, but haven't tried doing one yet. Now I'm going to get a chance, so it will be another whole new learning experience.

Also am envious of the angel and neon combo, which looks really nice. Years ago, and I'm talking close to 30 years ago, my idiot cousin added an angel to my family's established community tank, which then went on a killing spree targeting the neons. Until then, I did not know they could be quite so aggressive, and have avoided them like the plague. But I still like them.

Sierra0103

AC Members
Feb 8, 2014
St. Louis Missoru
www.instagram.com
Real Name
Alex
Camera Used
Nikon D3100
You just have learn from trial and error and I got my angels as small little baby's so they grew with the neons. That why I think their is no aggression since they were raised with the neons the never targeted them as a food source or potential harm

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
I've actually got live plants in the temp tanks I set up before finally moving into my own place. Plastic decorations, tho. I really like the live plant/driftwood look, but might need some rock caves for the shy bottom dwellers. Am in the process of scouting out reputable LFSs in my area, and after reading up on some of the newer info, I realize I don't know as much about fish keeping as I once thought I did. Kinda feel like an idiot right now.

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
I have a ton of petrified wood that my grandparents collected back in the day. It's been sitting out in the planters for ages, but I've been wary of using any of it because my family sprayed heavily with pesticide for years.

I did collect some rocks out in the desert (from the property my father owned), so I know they should be pretty safe. I'd still give them a good scrubbing and soak before putting them in an aquarium. Just gotta find some really nice driftwood....

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
Still waiting on the house. Ugh, long story.... My "dream tank" is still a couple months off.

I want a minimum of 75 gallons, but a larger tank is an option. Currently have a gold tinfoil barb that's in the 7-8 inch range. He's currently the show piece in the 46g bow, which is actually too small for him. (And the recommended 55g tank would be too small, especially if I get more tinfoils.) This will be my first large tank, and most of my knowledge/experience comes from keeping a 20g (which I'm ashamed to admit my tinfoil called home for several years).

There are some specialty shops here in town, but haven't checked them all out yet. I'm finding more catering to saltwater/reef aquariums.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store