56 gallon slight update.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sierra0103

AC Members
Feb 8, 2014
St. Louis Missoru
www.instagram.com
Real Name
Alex
Camera Used
Nikon D3100
ahhh i see. well i wish you luck on getting your things together. And yea 55g tank is recommended but you should really look into a larger one. Tinfoil barbs can be a pain. i had two that out grew my tank 29 gallon tank in a few months so i moved them into my 125 gallon pond. but this was a couple years back

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
Lol! I would LOVE to do an indoor pond style tank! However, that would require some serious remodeling or a custom home - and I have a cat who would be in it in a heartbeat. I'm going to get a minimum 75g just for the tinfoil. He's very active. Figured 75g should keep everyone happy, provide enough room for hiding places, and still have enough room for an active fish.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Lol! I would LOVE to do an indoor pond style tank! However, that would require some serious remodeling or a custom home - and I have a cat who would be in it in a heartbeat. I'm going to get a minimum 75g just for the tinfoil. He's very active. Figured 75g should keep everyone happy, provide enough room for hiding places, and still have enough room for an active fish.
As the owner of a 75gal I can tell you it is VERY possible to make one look like a pond with good placing of driftwood, plants, and a background. Also that 75's a bigger than they appear. Also, fish WILL disappear in a 75gal and you will think they died and then like 2 years later BOOM it's sitting in the middle of the tank looking at you like "Yep, I was here the whole darn time! HA!" :D

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I love this idea.....wish I had thought of it sooner :/

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
I stopped in my closest LFS to see if they carry driftwood. Yup, and some nice pieces too. Want to give that a shot because I'm tired of the paint coming off the plastic decorations, and I just love the look of driftwood and live plants. LFS also has a stock of live plants, but there's a couple more stores that are supposed to have a better selection.

I set up a 46g as a temporary home for my fish while I'm in the process of moving, and it looked HUGE - until I added my tinfoil barb. My clown pleco hides very well, and it's not uncommon for him to stay well hidden for months on end. I actually thought I might have lost him several times - he even hid through a few very thorough tank cleanings. Pretty sure he's going to love driftwood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store