5G yellow shrimp tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
If you wanted to do Cardinals, you could always mix in some distilled water to bring the gh down to moderately hard. I know distilled it generally a big no-no, but in the links bayst posted above, some people do this with their Sulawesi shrimp, as the lakes the shrimp come from are very, very low in nutrients and dissolved solids.
But yeah, watch my 10 gallon thread :) I visit Wisconsin with some frequency, so we could meet-up and I could hand-deliver some cardinals if mine breed!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
If you wanted to do Cardinals, you could always mix in some distilled water to bring the gh down to moderately hard. I know distilled it generally a big no-no, but in the links bayst posted above, some people do this with their Sulawesi shrimp, as the lakes the shrimp come from are very, very low in nutrients and dissolved solids.
But yeah, watch my 10 gallon thread :) I visit Wisconsin with some frequency, so we could meet-up and I could hand-deliver some cardinals if mine breed!
I was thinking about doing that anyway. Some people near me have had success adding some RO water to help their cherries breed.

I will hold you to that delivery ;)

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
I'me doing about 75% RO and 25%tap in my cherry tank. Mostly to pull the pH down from what I think is basically Alkiseltzer.

But I've got two berried cherries now, and I've had them for less than a week.

Anicdotal, I know, but I thought i would throw it out there.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Dang, I do so adore those pineapple jellybeans! I may like them more than the blue pearls :uhoh: Shh, don't tell!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store