65 gallon photo story ( 29 gallon disaster )

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
I finally got to move my duster into the main tank after I moved to the bigger tank. It had to live in the fuge before, because the clowns hated it and smacked it all around the tank.

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
For a small update:

(nothing has changed, my lobo died, caught some 20" bristle worms... don't be a physics major, theres alot of homework)

I'm making an order at marinedepot.com and to think of the worst reasoning to buy alot of stuff I came up with this.... "I don't want to pay for shipping so I'm just going to order stuff that totals more than $175". So, heres a list if anyone has imput... I really want to order the powerheads to put in my 29 (at least some of them) untill i set the 65 up (no water still)... the mag will be the return pump so I can finally build the sump and then I can put some water in my tank.

THE LIST:

MAG 9.5 pump
2x MaxiJet900's

What's your opinion between getting digital timers for powerheads compared to the controller thats like $110 that can run 4 power heads. The controller would be as much as buying all the timers. More to come I just decided to wait till I was sure on what I was buying, but I need some more power heads.

VDub90

AC Members
Oct 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
I would go for the controller rather than 4 timers. less wiring, and you would most likely be able to do more with the controller.

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
No real updates... I bought a mag 9.5 for a return pump and 4maxi jet 1200's I'll be ordering the red sea wavemaster pro as well... I'm just waiting to buy everything at once before I put water in the tank... I still need to paint the back, black and buy an RO/DI unit. Then save another wad of money for the Halides/VHO's. With the spring semester starting and with the courses i'm taking I don't know how long it will take to set the tank up, hopefully not too long. But I'm taking Theoretical Physics, Differential Equations and Circut Anaylsis and a lab for Calc 3....at the same time so I don't know how easy it will be for me to work to save money, but we'll see. Didn't want to leave anyone hanging, if you cared.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store