7 gallon tank!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
not sure when its comming. bought it from aquaticmagic(really.... really..... slow shipping). i orderd my co2 glass diffuser exactly 20 days ago and it hasnt even came yet. im dosing flourish excel for now until im finished getting everything for my co2 system. i have the hagen plant gro liquid fertilizer(i think) should i dose that or is excel enough?
the hagen gro liquid is similar to flourish though im not sure if its exactly the same. One might have a larger/smaller amount of some element.
Since theres no inhabitants yet, you can keep up with the high doses of excel and have the hc spread nicely.

ddtran46

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
ok i just got my glass diffuser in the mail(finally), and also got my adaptor for the regulator to the paintball tank. now just gotta wait for my needle valve....Do i tighten the regulator to the adaptor very tight? because i tried tightening it and when i turn it on alot of the co2 comes out.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
ok i just got my glass diffuser in the mail(finally), and also got my adaptor for the regulator to the paintball tank. now just gotta wait for my needle valve....Do i tighten the regulator to the adaptor very tight? because i tried tightening it and when i turn it on alot of the co2 comes out.
lol dont waste co2. screw it on tight enough for it to hold. You can use the thread seal tape to make sure its a tight fit and there wont be any leaks.

ddtran46

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
where can i get the thread seal tape? at my local target? is this the only solution? is there some like rubber washer or something like that to seal it?

ddtran46

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
ok thanks for the help. ill hopefully buy the thread seal tape tomorrow at lowes.(after i get outta school). is there like a specific size i should buy? and how much would i have to put on?

ddtran46

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
ok i just got the thread seal tape. i tried it but i guess i did it wrong. it leaked a little. I might have to redo it.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Take the tape and place the tip of it on the tip of the adapter. Holding the tip with your fingers, start wrapping the tape in a clockwise motion while slightly stretching the tape. Work your way down making 3-4 full turns making sure all threads are covered by the tape. On the last turn pull the tape (it should break apart easily) and your are done.

I would first actually place the tape on the paintball threads, then screw on the adapter first by hand and then tighten it more with a wrench. Then work with putting the tape on the adapter threads and then screw on the regulator. Once again screw it on by hand and then use a wrench to tighten it more.

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
From drsFosterSmith:

Obtain a 5 lb. CO2 bottle from a local vendor such as a welding supply company. You can also contact your local fire station for information on obtaining a CO2 bottle. Before tightening the CO2 pressure regulator onto your CO2 bottle, install a plastic washer to help ensure a leakproof connection. Connect the pressure regulator and bottle as tightly as possible to avoid a sudden (and potentially startling) disconnection.

Entire article ...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store