72g Bowfront Mbuna Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
:lol: you'd the fish myswtsins...
:lol: Thanks! :)

I got my XP3 yesterday, well most of it anyways! It is missing almost the entire output assembly but I am trying to work that out with the Ebay seller, they are not making it easy. I digress! :) I did set it up anyways and the water is much clearer! A lot of little bubbles floating around from the HOB but no debris, YAY!

Momma Lab is doing good, lots of mouth movement & she still looks nice and healthy. And my rustys (the piggies!) have grown a lot!

The anubias are getting a lot of algae though, but the Mbuna keep it under control. They like to nibble on the frogbit but it is now growing faster then they are eating. They do not seem too interested in the new duckweed I added though which I don't understand.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Cool deal buddy, i have some left over stuff from my 2 XP3's not much but let me know what happens and if i can help you i will try, yeah stay up on that eBay stuff because i just had a dude from Hong Kong rip me and when i notified eBay they told me i should have asked questions before i made the transaction but to my knowledge that store was shut down as of now kinda of crappy part from eBay thou..

Lessions in life are always special hehehe..

Coolness on the Labs aye, man you added duckweed wow i hope you never tire of it because i here it is pretty invasive in all hard to get rid of..

Pretty much they would have to be starving to eat the amount of green stuffs to suffice them, do you need any other plants like some moss i have tons of extras..

Later buddy have fun..

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Yea the guy said he is going to TRY to find the missing parts but he was a real jerk so I don't expect much from him. Thanks for the offer I will let you know what happens.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with Ebay. I heard there were several over seas companies on ebay that were causing problems. This is why I use paypal for everything now. The few problems I have had with ebay were resolved quickly by paypal. Good luck to ya!

When I originally added duckweed it was just mixed in with the frogbit but the Mbuna ate ALL the duckweed without a trace. So I got more duckweed with some more frogbit but this one looks different, slightly different shaped leaves and the underside of it is purple sometimes.
If they don't eat it all it is ok too. I know plenty of people that have turtles that love the stuff! :)

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Cool deal, yeah i only do pay-pal as well and with buyer protection i am not worried about it but man when i buy something i don't want to wait a few months to get my stuff or my money back, crappy aye..

Well i didn't use all of the stuff that came with mine, what i did use was the tubing and the flow in and out plastic pieces, i didn't use the spray bar stuff..

Cool man make sure you leave neg feed back on him, he deserves it if he is being a jerk, also who is it so that i can stay away from them because i do a lot of purchases on eBay with aquatics and such..

Later buddy..

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Yeah I hate having to waiting for my money too but it is better then getting totally stiffed. :)

My filter is randomly shooting out bursts of tiny air bubbles. I think the hose clamps are not tight enough or something, gotta look into it more.

My fish are starting to scratch on stuff now too! I am going to add some aquarium salt and do a big WC and see what happens. There is no visible signs of Ich or anything though.

Also my holding female was eating today. :confused: Her throat is still all puffy but she has been out more often and defending her territory all day.

The user name on Ebay was mimile1029. 100% positive feedback but the whole deal was shady. Took 9 days for him to even ship out my filter and after he repeatedly said "sorry, my fault, been really busy" he said that it was Fedex holding it up. Of course I have tracking info and can see that is not true. It was incomplete, soaking wet(!), filthy, was packed in garbage (clothing tags, little plastic asprin wrapper, post-its, tree skrit tags etc.) & when I asked him about it (not threatening anything,yet) he just went off the handle. So now if he does not send me the missing parts asap I will have to take action which I did not plan on doing, I just wanted the rest of my filter. I digress again but I do not understand why people have to be jerks especially "business" people.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah that sounds pretty messed up dude i would be ticked as well cool i will remember his name for further use thanks buddy..

As for the scratching that could mean your hardness is down a bit as well..
Later buddy..

pitterpatti

DFW/Denton, TX
Apr 12, 2007
Denton, TX (DFW Area)
Hi, I am a lurker on this group.......but was searching on the internet last night and found this post about myswtsins already purchasing from this Ebay seller mimile1029.

I also bought a Rena XP but got it in an email first before buying that it was 99% there. Bought it on March 6th and still hadn't received it as of today. Tai Pham, lives in Tyler TX emailed me after I paid and said he wanted to make sure he had all the stuff for it before he sent it, so it would be a few days. This week I emailed him and asked for the tracking number and he said he lost it. I told him to contact UPS as they could help him get it. He disappeared for a couple more days then, so I emailed that I was taking the nondelivered item to Ebay and Paypal at the end of Friday. He did a few FU's and this is America and he can do what he wants, blah blah. So I initiated a claim. He finally gave me the transaction number later friday evening after being contacted by Paypal. The package had an exception in Irving Tx for a week, and if he had only checked on it, I would have it by now. I am scheduled to get it Monday. If it is not 99% there or in bad shape, I am telling him I want a refund. I think he will do it just to get rid of the hassle. He really thought he could do anything he wanted, but I explained the legally binding contract stuff, ebay rules, etc to him. I think he is surprised. I have never met someone so ignorant of professionalism on ebay. And what a rude, horribly cursing jerk.......

What is really great though is he emailed very nicely and asked that I take the hold off his payment. I told him I had nothing to do with it and to contact paypal or his bank. Haa! so my claim must have put a hold on it. I do see that a few others bought stuff yesterday....... I hope they get what they think they are getting.

Oh, this guys favorite line is "I will give you negative feedback if you give me negative feedback". I have it 3 times in emails. Abuse, and exploitation.

OH fun!

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Wow, some people are just amazing. When it comes to aquarium equipment you've really got to do the research on the seller. Sometimes even then it doesn't work out. Reading about Myswtsins' experience ( aspirin wrappers, post-its, lol. Is a newspaper really that expensive? They throw free ones I don't want on my lawn twice a week! ), and yours ( delays, threats, etc. ), will ensure that I won't be buying from that seller, good feedback rating or not. Thanks.
Keep us updated, I would like to hear what sort of goodies he packages your shipment with.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
yeah sounds like we all have a Pham in each state also that last name is famous or common Vietnamese name i had the pleasure of arresting one for scams and dangerous activities..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store