75 gallon Planted Office Tank Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Nice project , I have a 72 gal shop tank that I just recently set up with a new canister filter new lighting and c02.
Keep the pics coming .

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Everything is looking good.
As far as the Eco Complete goes,are you putting in 7 bags?

mes1234

AC Members
Jan 25, 2010
I like the journal. Your taking your time and making sure you do everything right the first time. I can't wait for your plants to go in. Keep updating everyday, I look at this journal everyday to see new pics.

geekpryde

AC Members
Dec 30, 2008
Maine, USA
Nice project , I have a 72 gal shop tank that I just recently set up with a new canister filter new lighting and c02.
Keep the pics coming .
I have a camera again, but not as nice as the Nikon d70 I was using. I now am taking photos with a broken D70, a camera phone, and a somewhat crappy point-and-shoot fugifilm. Nevertheless, more photos are a coming!

geekpryde

AC Members
Dec 30, 2008
Maine, USA
Everything is looking good.
As far as the Eco Complete goes,are you putting in 7 bags?

yes, 7 bags coming in tomorrow via Fedex. According to the subtrate calc I used, this should be the correct amount. Of course, tomorrow I might find otherwise. I will be posting lots of pics of the substrate being added to the tank, so you guys will all know as soon as I do.

Does 7 sound like too much/too little?

geekpryde

AC Members
Dec 30, 2008
Maine, USA
I like the journal. Your taking your time and making sure you do everything right the first time. I can't wait for your plants to go in. Keep updating everyday, I look at this journal everyday to see new pics.
Thanks! I feel like it's going pretty fast, but I guess lurking and reading for a year avoids a bunch of mistakes, so it appears as if I know what I am doing. :grinyes: I am not doing too much DIY, and a cash infusion by my company has also sped things up. I am sure there are things I would do differently when this is all done, but for now I am trying to be deliberate and planned about how this all comes togeather.

More pics coming soon.

geekpryde

AC Members
Dec 30, 2008
Maine, USA
Here are pictures of my new Eheim 2217 hooked up to my kids 29 gallon (lightly planted) tank. I am seeding the filter. It has been on there for 3 days I think?

Man, this point and shoot really takes crappy photos. The tank actually looks really good, but it looks so muddy in these shots.

A closeup of the 'double tap'.

Spray bar is on FRONT glass, as there was not room in back due to the Whisper40, heaters, etc. Look at that water movement, I think the fish will be happy when it is gone, but maybe they like the cleaner water?

geekpryde

AC Members
Dec 30, 2008
Maine, USA
Am I posting too many photos here? :screwy:

Safety first, I think everyone with a tank should add one of these little guys to the list of required equipment.

Okay, this is a fun photo. Most people probably don’t deal with, "where the hell am I getting the water from" problems, but in an OFFICE, this is kind of an issue. I originally bought a 100 foot gravel vac, but it was ridiculously long and a pain to use (and slow). So I decided to cut a small hole in the wall, when no one was looking. What, are they going to fire their IT guy, I don’t think so! :raspberry:

This allowed me to cut 50+ feet off the hose, and have a permanent setup for the most part. I have a hook that I bought at home depot on each side of the wall, where I coil and hang the hose when not in use. I can fill and drain this way. Remember kids, I am a trained professional. I dont recommend you start cutting holes in your office walls.

Red sea indicator. I dont hear too many people using this, but one of the vendors I chose highly recommended it.

Test kit by API. This one i hear different things about, with one of my guys trashing it. I already owned it from the kids tanks, so might as well try it.

Can't wait for gas!

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
Someone also told by Seachems Stability actually works . I have enough time to do a traditional cycle, so I don't plan on using it, but can this stuff be for real?[/QUOTE]

I have used the stability, in my daughters 75, no adverse affects. We added the fish 2 days after using bio-spira, and used the stability for the 7 days it recommends and everything is still going fine here about 2 months later.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store