8" ciclid in 20 gal.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sourapple

AC Members
Oct 10, 2008
you could just lend him to a friend with a bigger tank? cause you re not doing it any good in that small small tank. maybe if the tank was a extra long 20

theubc

AC Members
Jun 7, 2008
and i thought my 20 gallon post was bad ...sheesh all i have is 2 peacocks and i stress about it every day

i cant imagine i would probably kill myself if i had an 8 inch oscar in my tank

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Last post by the opening poster to this thread is on 30/8/2008.

There is some limit to how many times the same advice can usefully be given folks. Lets wait and see if the OP requires further assistance.

LiamLiamLiam

AC Members
Sep 19, 2008
I have my Tiger Oscar in a 20 gallon tank currently. He is about 3 months old (got him at 1 month old), and about 6 - 7 inches. But don't fret! His new home, a 120 gallon tank, is currently half way through it's cycle.

Might get him a buddy to play with when he's in the big tank.

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
And most of the posters here are way too harsh. This is supposed to be a place where those who are new to the hobby can have their questions answered, not a place for them to be rudely criticized and attacked.
I don't agree with that. The OP asked for their thoughts (whatever they may be) and he got them...I'm not saying to be purposely rude just because the thought pops into your head, but the responses that were "harsh" are needed for people at times. Besides, the responses were pretty much all focused on the problem at hand, and were not attacking the individual in any way.
And to everybody else responding, i think that the OP already got an answer...actually he got about 50 of the same answers from a lot of different people...lol, a bit redundant don't you think?

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Last post by the opening poster to this thread is on 30/8/2008.

There is some limit to how many times the same advice can usefully be given folks. Lets wait and see if the OP requires further assistance.
Folks ^^^^ :D x2

We are not going to argue over whether the OP got an answer or many answers or no answers. Partly because here on AC, well, we quite simply...never argue !:eek3:

Woofy

Registered crazy
Jun 30, 2006
Miami
www.myspace.com
Oscars unfortunatly will always end up this way. I went to the zoo which i thought was a place to learn about proper care of animals and in a crappy exhibit they had an 8" oscar in a 10g, and an arowana right next to him. The oscar had sever hole in the head disease. There was no information card next to these two fish so im guessing many kids went home thinking they can do this and asking for an oscar the next day. I wrote to the zoo and they just ignored me. Poor oscars.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store