8Og Bowfront Update (12/1/08)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

REC

AC Members
Dec 6, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Tank looks great. Are you going to rehome the Loaches eventually? What are you going to do with all of them?
Thanks....

Tank looks great, and welcome to the forums! The loaches need room to grow to their ~12 inches, lest they be stunted. For how long have you had them?
Thanks, I purchased most of these at there current size about 3 months ago.
Why would you buy that many clown loaches for a tank that small?
Please do a little research before you start questioning my ability of fishkeeping. I have several other very large tanks to move them into as they grow. If you have ever kept loaches it takes them years too reach 12". The ones in this tank are between 2.5-3.5 ". I have 15 more in a 180 that are all over 5" and they are all aprrox. 3-5 years old. It will take at least 8-10years for a loach too hit over 8". These guys are in very good hands I assure you of that. Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
Please do a little research before you start questioning my ability of fishkeeping. I have several other very large tanks to move them into as they grow. If you have ever kept loaches it takes them years too reach 12". The ones in this tank are between 2.5-3.5 ". I have 15 more in a 180 that are all over 5" and they are all aprrox. 3-5 years old. It will take at least 8-10years for a loach too hit over 8". These guys are in very good hands I assure you of that. Thanks for viewing.
A 180 gallon tank will not even be big enough to house all those clown loaches as they grow.

REC

AC Members
Dec 6, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Stinking beautiful, man! What sort of filtration do you have for all that fish poo?
Thanks man,
This tank is as challenging as it gets to achieve good water quality and keeping parameters in check. As you know Discus and Clown Loaches are the top of the list when it comes to difficult freshwater fish to keep because of there senitivity to disease and being very easily stressed. Filtration is (2)Filstar XP3 canisters, (2)Emperor 400's and (2)300gph Powerheads. With a total of 2200gph and twice a week 50% waterchanges excellent health on all these fish is achieved. If you want to have a tank with lots of fish you must be willing to spend the money to filter it to compliment that bio-load and be willing to put in the time with tank maintenance. Cheers....:)

REC

AC Members
Dec 6, 2006
Pacific Northwest
A 180 gallon tank will not even be big enough to house all those clown loaches as they grow.
I refuse to get in a flame war with you sir so please take your comments elsewhere. I don't need to explain to you on what other tanks I have and what my plans are with these fish. I simply said I have 15 other loaches that are of good size and age in my 180. Good day.

DRD62

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
This tank looks great and I like the way you placed the plants to dim the light somewhat to accomodate the Discus. Great set up REC..... :)

-[AnThOnY]-

AC Members
Jun 12, 2008
New Orleans, LA
very nice, love the loaches :) as i said in your last post HOLY LOACH! i wanna be able to have that many one day, get like a 5000g and have a school of like 50 >,< would be awesome!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store