8Og Bowfront Update (12/1/08)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neervana

AC Members
May 17, 2008
London
lol i like the way how you've chosen your stock! it looks nice and very lively!!! are there only two discus in there? they are gorgeous!

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
I refuse to get in a flame war with you sir so please take your comments elsewhere. I don't need to explain to you on what other tanks I have and what my plans are with these fish. I simply said I have 15 other loaches that are of good size and age in my 180. Good day.
Oh snap!

I have just looked over all your posts and have seen all the tanks you have shown us. All your tanks are beautiful and clean. All your fish look healthy and vibrant. Very very nice. If I ever get some mad cash and decide to go with a larger tank and fish I will be PMing you.

Q

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
I refuse to get in a flame war with you sir so please take your comments elsewhere. I don't need to explain to you on what other tanks I have and what my plans are with these fish. I simply said I have 15 other loaches that are of good size and age in my 180. Good day.
I never asked you to explain what your plans were for the fish and your rudeness is quite unnecessary. I was merely stating the obvious. It seems irresponsible IMO to flaunt an 80 gallon tank with 30 clown loaches in it knowing that those fish will require a MUCH larger tank in the near future. Your tank is obviously stunning. However I feel it is very much your responsibility to let other people who see your thread know that such housing for them is very temporary so that they do not go out and try a similar tank without knowing what they are truly getting in to. You should be very proud of your skills, but you should also let others know that what you have accomplished is no easy feat and that it is a very short term solution.

REC

AC Members
Dec 6, 2006
Pacific Northwest
-[AnThOnY]-;1730320 said:
i see at least 3 maybe 4? :p
There are 5...
I never asked you to explain what your plans were for the fish and your rudeness is quite unnecessary. I was merely stating the obvious. It seems irresponsible IMO to flaunt an 80 gallon tank with 30 clown loaches in it knowing that those fish will require a MUCH larger tank in the near future. Your tank is obviously stunning. However I feel it is very much your responsibility to let other people who see your thread know that such housing for them is very temporary so that they do not go out and try a similar tank without knowing what they are truly getting in to. You should be very proud of your skills, but you should also let others know that what you have accomplished is no easy feat and that it is a very short term solution.
It seems your the only one taking my sharing of my tanks as a flaunt. I think I've explained clearly that this is only a temporary home for these loaches and that my intentions are to move them to larger aquarums as they grow. If you feel that my intentions are to flaunt and brag then so be it, and in no way have I been rude to you in my responses.

Last edited:

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I agree with H3D, that tank looks too small to house clown loaches, even temporarily. That's like buying a Common Pleco for a 10 gallon when it is 2 inches long but saying that you'll move them to a larger tank when they grow up. If you already have a tank big enough for the CLs, why not just move them there now?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store