90 gallon reef setup, progress

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Looks like a piece of foamboard under the tank.

Eddiecorrea

War kitty! God hates cats!
Nov 2, 2008
Whitefish Montana
Looks like a piece of foamboard under the tank.
Ya but whats the point? Isnt the tank designed to sit directly on the stand? It doesnt take away from the tank but Im just curious if it has advantages.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Cheech: I remember when you were just designing your stand and canopy. The results are striking. Beautiful system. Really like your aquascaping as well.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Ya but whats the point? Isnt the tank designed to sit directly on the stand? It doesnt take away from the tank but Im just curious if it has advantages.

Thanks again for the comments. It's taken a while, but it's coming along.

Eddie, the tank is all glass, it's always suggested to add some foam under a glass tank, (I'd prob. do the same had it been acrylic) to make sure the weight is distributed evenly and avoid any drastic surprises with the glass potentially cracking. It doesn't look that great seeing the foam at the bottom, but I'll make a small molding which will cap the bottom.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
So here are some updated pics of the tank... Quality's not that great, as I took the pics using our cheapo work cam, but you get the idea...

Things are going wuite well... I'm getting some very nice colors on the rocks, fish are doing fine, and frags are growing. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0016.jpg IMG_0017.jpg IMG_0011.jpg IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0009.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store