911! Black Moor w/many issues (mostly tank related, some physical)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tarryete

AC Members
Oct 9, 2011
South Carolina
Real Name
Christine
Alriiiiiiiiight let me update.
Everything I ordered got here today, minus the Spirulina. That came two days ago.

So today is day 3 of feeding him that..
I installed the filter and kept the old filter in as well.
I am now looking at buying charcoal, a mesh bag for it and some filter media.
Tomorrow my husband plans to grab the 55 gallon tank. I have no idea what it is coming with, but I am assuming I will have to buy everything.

So the tank cleared up.. But today I cleaned the gravel with the siphon and it seems like all that did was (get rid of a whole lot of poop, and) stir up a bunch of weird white flaky looking stuff. I think it is the same stuff that was stuck to the glass in the pic I posted up there ^^^. (EDIT: *back* there <<<. Didn't know this would be page 3 :) )

The water is settling slowly back down. I didn't know how it would go while cleaning the tank.. What would happen to the water or anything like that, so I took the fishy out while I was doing that. He seemed fine. I just put an opaque container in his tank and waited for him to swim into it, then picked it up with no problem. I figured it would be less stressful than a ridiculously bright blue net attacking him.

So I have the two filters.. And I did a 25% water change. I think I feel safe trying every other day water changes for now, and lessening that as time goes, so long as everything looks/feels/tests good.

I am strangely excited to have a bio-wheel.
:hearts:

I am seriously loving this fishy stuff. I think I found my thing.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
congratulations, its a glorious obsession

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store