A USDA Visit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OhNo123

AC Members
May 20, 2007
If your friend is within the state, then it is not illegal. You can defend your actions and question them proof to source the spixis. I doubt they'll do it unless your friend got it from another person illegally but he cannot have recorded you anyway if you didn't buy them.
Well you see, when I bought the snails, I got the spixis as a bonus, and I gave them to my friend because I did not want them to eat my plants. Its been around a year now, and they finally gave eggs to my friend. My friend gave me them, not knowing that they were spixi eggs. He thought that they were Cory eggs.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Isn't amazing what the government can do? I am not saying I don't appreciate it, I just think that the enviromental control people are one of the strongest branches in the government. That is a good thing, we all need to try to preserve the world for our children. (oh, and the DOT in California is one of the scariest!)

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Well, what should I do anyway?

I don't really want spixis..
Count on Rachel to post. She has more experience on spixis than I do but as far as I know, it's usually the hybrid spixis that eat plants, not the pure strains which is why they're illegal to ship after it was found out in 2006 that they can crossbreed with the Marisa cornuarietis.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
My baby spixis eat plants. The difficulty is that once the marisa genes are a couple generations removed, tis difficult to see any difference int he snails. I have found that the baby spixis nosh on plants, the adults leave them alone.

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
I wouldnt let ANYONE in my house without a warrant.. I dont care who they say they are-- thats just wierd...

I have them knocking on my door a while back for illegal possetion of snakeheads and I wouldnt let them in.. told them to go get a warrant (politely of course.. they are just doing their jobs)

SO they went a got a warrant... in the meantime my pirahna were LONG gone at a friends house and replaced with goldfish lol

im a good boy now.. but dont think this cant happen because it can

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
I personally think it is awesome that they are checking into it so thoroughly. I myself live about 400 yards from Pymatuning State Park which includes a HUGE man made lake. There is a place called The Spillway where tourists can come and feed the carp and ducks (where the ducks walk on the fish). You would not believe how many "gold" carp there are there. Some with beautiful flowing fins, some white and orange and black blotched. Who knows what other species have been dumped. We also have several Bald Eagle nests and 2 osprey nests here. I for one wouldn't want to be the person that introduced something into our lake that could cause the death of one of those birds not to mention any other naturally occuring species.

So I say, if you want to check my tanks...come on in AND if I do have something in my tank that I shouldn't....They are more than welcome to it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store