Abrassion/swelling on puffer...?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Not too many that won't crash your BB. Have you tried the Maracyn line?

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
He's getting better. No need to take him out of his mansion.

I have a feeling that if I hadn't had him for so long, he would have died pretty quickly. My thoughts are that he is so deeply established in there, that he was able to fight it off more efficiently.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
I look forward to it (hopefully) clearing up completely. I'll feel more at ease then.
Won't we all...haha. It's become a family and friends concern...people ask me how he's doing when I talk to them on the phone and go straight to the tank when they come over. It's getting tiring already...but at least he's hanging in there! I do wonder how old he is though...I've had him for two years but he hasn't grown at all, so I have zero means of measuring.

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
That depends. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. That is why I think you should keep a close eye on it before acting.

No, prazipro is primarily used to treat worms (very effective). You'll need antibiotics if you do decide to treat the fish. I'll be honest, though, in that I haven't quite heard of or seen what is going on with your fish (and after working at an LFS for years, I've seen a lot).
Absolutely!! no prazipro for now. My choice of action, if does not improve or heal on its own, is Kanamycin or Spectrogram which is no longer avail but could make your own by mixing nitrofurazone/kanamycin if memory serves.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Haven't posted for a while it seems...just opened up a store at the mall and have been super ultra busy the past few months...haven't done much in my tank except feed and clean. Nothing new at all and things are pretty well I would say.

My puffer seems like he's doing alright. Just seems to be a few lingering effects...sort of how you have a cough or have a stuffy nose for a while after you get over a cold. Only problem with him is that his tooth will not grind down no matter what I try. Other than that he's a whole lot better than before and I'm pretty confident the lingering little side effects will dissipate over time.

Thanks for your help Amp...who knows where things would have been now without your advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store