AC 500 killing my fish left and right

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

superstein61

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Originally posted by NJ Devils Fan
Wow, that customer service rep is completely wrong. I can't believe the things that they say.
Why is that NJ - Just because they didn't agree with significantly overfiltering their tank like, ummmmm, wellll, you prefer :D - LOL

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
They were wrong because they didn't know how stocked the tank was. I can have an Emperor 400 on a twenty gallon tank and it doesn't mean it's too much because the tank could be very overstocked.

superstein61

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Hey NJ, perhaps they didn't know the tank was very overstocked because the person who emailed them asling the question never told them that.

You can't assume the customer service folks are bad unless you know the full story.

Plus, it was not like this customer service person was trying to make more $ for hagen - they actually said that the filter was too big, take it back and exchange it for a smaller (and thereby cheaper) one

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
Well, it's their job to ask. I didn't say he was just trying to get money for hagen, I'm saying that the customer service people shouldask more questions before just giving a diagnosis.

thom336

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
i actually suggested contacting hagen because on numerous occasions i have heard of them replacing the whole filter, and while doing so giving the suggestion of keeping the media for the bacteria - so they do know what they are doing.

superstein61

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Originally posted by NJ Devils Fan
Well, it's their job to ask. I didn't say he was just trying to get money for hagen, I'm saying that the customer service people shouldask more questions before just giving a diagnosis.
No, especially when you are dealing with a communication such as email, its the customer's responsibility to provide all the facts up front, especially if they are doing anything out of the ordinary - such as overstocking the tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store