Ace25's 75G Build Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Ace: that is a beautiful setup. I really like the cube and the way you have it aquascaped. Great coral selection and of course I like your Macropharyngodon bipartitus. I too am a wrasse nut and really enjoy them. Looking forward to more posts and pics on the tank progress----looks fantastic.

Did you have the tank made? what made you decide on closed loop?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Yes, I did all the plumbing, electrical, woodwork on this myself. Everything is handmade by me, except for the tank, which was designed by me and made to my specs. Tank alone cost $575.

Closed loop decision was easy.. wanted an SPS tank, so I needed flow, but also wanted a DSB in my display since I couldn't put one anywhere else. So, learning from lessons past, I decided on a closed loop. I decided to make a "floating reef" as the closed loop output, drill holes around the entire frame, stack the rock on that so gobies can't dig under the rocks, causing a landslide. I still have a little sand strorm now and again from my engineer goby spitting sand onto the floating reef, which makes a big "poof" of sand in the tank, but not too bad, and there is tons of flow in this tank.. very much pushing the limits.. which is a good thing.

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Cool fish! very good work on the tank, very clean set up..did i mention the potters angel and watchman and pistol are also awesome! i love the fish selection :D

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
$150? Ouch. I love my sps corals (and that is what my tank will be centered around), but I can't bring myself to pay that much. Besides, there are plenty of generous fellow aquarists out there that are willing to go lower on that price. That is mostly how I plan on restocking my tank.

Gorgeous piece, BTW. I love the tortuosas.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Ya, believe me, I checked with all the local reefers and I can get a bunch of others, especially the Cali Tort, but no one had the oregon so I had to get it at the only LFS around that carries SPS corals. It was their most expensive coral for sale as well. I was going to get a ORA Roscoe Acro but everytime I am there I always get stuck on the Oregon Tort.. so finally I just had to get it and be done with it so I don't think about it anymore. It is the most I have paid for any coral or fish as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store