Ace25's 75G Build Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Don't get me wrong--I am tempted to drop $$$ everytime I see corals like that. I just have to tell myself "Hey, you have to buy books this semester" or something along those lines, lol.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I hear ya.. fortunately, I don't have books to worry about.. my thinking goes.. do I eat this week or get that new SPS.. let's just say I have dropped about 20lbs in the last month.. forget excersize.. just get bitten my the SPS bug.. does it quicker than any diet I have seen. LOL.

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
That Leopard is spectacular.

You have some uniquely beautiful creatures there!

What's the thing in your return line just out of the sump? Is that the Chemi-Pure?

Your pictures are also really well done. What are you taking them with?

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
$150!

The day I put a $150 anything in my tank is the day the heater sticks on..

:nilly: :grinyes:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Thanks, I am trying to get the most unique fish I possibly can, yet still be reef safe AND get a long with each other. Some of my more common fish already when back to the LFS when I setup the new tank. The African Midas Blenny, Potters Angel, and Splendid (or African) Leopard Wrasse are my 3 most unique fish.

Thing on the return line is a one way check valve to prevent back syphoning if the power (and battery backup I have the pump/heater/koralias on) dies. Chemi-pure is just high grade carbon and resin beads.. it is in the bag in the first chamber on the ground right next to the filter sock.

Camera is a Nikkon Coolpix 5700, only a 5.1 megapixel camera about 4 years old now. Nothing special other than macro mode and using a tripod to get clear pictures, as well as taking about 100 pictures to get 1 or 2 good clear ones of fish.

Ya, like I said, most expensive coral I have bought, but definately not the most expensive coral I have seen for sale. $500 for a 1/2" piece of echinophyllia is very common. That is one type of coral I am not willing to try myself yet.. too expensive for sure, and with such a small piece, it takes years to grow into a nice colony.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I love the leopard and the potters. I've tried 2 Potters from diver's den and lost one to seeming tainted food since 2 tanks were wiped out in the same night from the same new batch of frozen food (one 10g QT and the tank the potters was in) and that is the only common denominator and another that was doing great and woke up one morning to have dead. I LOVE them. How long have you had the one you have?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store