Ace's ATS Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jstdv8

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
just a note ace. I didnt have much luck at all with mine until I switched to the 27w CFL, I had 23's in there and didnt get much going.
I also initially made my screen as wide as I could and stillg et the 350gph over the screen. well I apparently didnt have enough flow to really grow all that well so I made a new top pipe with slot that was 8" instead of 11 and within a week I started seeing alot more thick algea.
Still not seeing as much as most people show but I have zillions of little pods now and my phos and trates are still at 0 for the 4-5 week in a row now.
Unfourtunatley its not enough growth on the screen to out compete the GHA I have in the DT so I might have to change some things or break down some of my rock so I can scrub it down.
Just some thoughts :)

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Thanks for the info!

Status update....

Lid is done.. only thing left is to cut the slits in the pipe and install it all. I had to cut down the pipe and little which made me cut down the screen as well, so I am at 8" wide. Lights.. I picked up 2 26w CFLs, said 2700k/1650 lumens so they sounded decent for my outer 2 lights. I replaced the flood light I pictured earlier, which was 23w, with a 40w version so hopefully that makes a difference.

Pics of the lid... BRIGHT!

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Picture of the screens... just have to put them on and zip tie a few things, test out the flow to make sure it doesn't backup my overflow, and call it done. I decided to just put end caps on the pipes and use zip ties to the lid to hold them level. The screens aren't going to be the easiest thing to do work on so I though it would be easier to just pull out the entire rod with the screen when I clean it so I won't glue the pipe into the elbo.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Ok, here it is put together. Seems like plenty of flow and light on the screens and it isn't slowing down/backing up my overflow line.

Top down view through the center hole.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Here is one screen a few hours old... I will make weekly picture updates.

Still have a little touch up to do on the slots as well it seems..
[YT]DJQ-7LveQXM[/YT]

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store