Ace's ATS Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
These are the light bulbs I ended up going with...

2 of these for the outside of the screens, 2700k / 1700 lumens / 26w

1 of these for the center, 2700k / 2600 lumens / 42w

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
This is probably a REAAAAAAAAALLY stupid question but, how are you supposed to see what's inside the bucket?? Fishies and shrimps in there?

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
It is a sump.. there better not be any fishies or shrimp in there... they stay in the main tank.

Here is my PAR reading at the top of the screen / under the center 42w bulb, about 2" away.

Last edited:

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
It is a sump.. there better not be any fishies or shrimp in there... they stay in the main tank.

Ahhhhhh, I see! Makes all the sense in the world now lol. very nice!
[/QUOTE

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Here is a "Day 3" shot.. got some nice stuff on the screen already and it isn't even 72 hours old yet. Seems to be on its way to working well from what I am seeing so far.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
alright ace, all fancy with the par meter, how much did that set you back?
the ats is lookin good, when its running full blast how often can you expect to scrape it?
At least once weekly as far as scrapings go after the first week. That includes even when there isn't much growth.

Edit: not speaking for Ace at all, but that tends to be more the rule than anything in terms of these working at their maximum.

Last edited:

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
alright ace, all fancy with the par meter, how much did that set you back?
$445 for the meter and comm cable + next day shipping. Also had to wait 3 weeks while they built it and calibrated it... had I known that part I never would have picked next day shipping. I thought they were in stock. Not sure why they offer that shipping method and don't tell you the meters are built to order.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store