AC'S Oscar Club..........

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
wow, i wish i had that kind of self control. i keep wanting bigger and more!!! I m gonna end up building on or something someday!!!!!!

Vinjari

AC Members
Feb 6, 2007
I like fish but they are not my 1st love. I have 2 gorgeous dogs and have been involved with horses my entire life. I sold my gelding last fall and am already looking forward to having the land to have another! I enjoy fish tanks but I don't want more than 2, 1 for my oscar and I have a smaller one that I will be setting up as a dwarf puffer tank. Although someday i'll do a mbuna tank again.

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
Sweet. I used to raise appaloosas in MI. I had a stud and 3 mares. I sold them to move down to memphis (marital issues). I now have an umbrella cockatoo and an iguana (both free roam). I would like to eventually get another parrot/ If my Barnie will allow it, but my main obsession has always been fish ever since i can remember.

johnnyspann

AC Members
Oct 23, 2008
I have two ocsars...and I've grown them up since they was real little...they seem to get a long just fine. All I hear about is that you can't keep more than One oscar...is this true?...I just got a 75 gal tank..trying to cycle it before I put in my families favorite pets into the new tank. So I got some Convicts...I believe I will be able to breed the convicts and feed the oscars...what do you think?

Tophat665

Minion of the Scaled Ones.
Jul 13, 2006
NoVa
We all are entitled to our own opinons and many do consider a 55 to be bare minimum and 75 to be ideal. Each forum/article can/will have a different opinion. There is a difference btwn minimum/ideal. It really doesn't even matter, my little guy will be in a 75 before he is full grown regardless becuase I would much rather have in an ideal tank vs. minimum sized tank. Just like I could fit my german shepherd in a 42" crate but she is much more comfortable and can actually stretch out in her 48" crate. I don't mean to argue but there are varying opinions on tank size and each oscar is different. Some never make it over 10" while there are some that would even get too large for a 75 gallon. Ozzy is quite happy in his 55 gallon tank and before he is full grown he will have a larger 75 gallon tank.
Well said.

The rule of thumb I like to to quote for Oscars is 50 gallons per Oscar of bioload, 75 gallons of minimum swimming space. So a single Oscar in a 75, 2 in 100, 3 in 150 (and my goal, 6 in 300 - love to get a good community of Oscars. Nobody to hold their breath waiting for this. It's a when I win the lottery type thing.)

Neervana

AC Members
May 17, 2008
London
hey guys, sorry for bad pic quality...i'm still having difficulties taking good pics and please take no notice of the brown algae, i've been fighting it for months now :silly:

anyways, this is the best i could do...He is in a 110 gal tank with an ornate and bichir and a few angelfish too

Picture 007.jpg Picture 005.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store