AH Help, fish dead, others dying

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Thanks all, and yes you're right damon, corals and clam are doing fine. it would take a lot more than loss of livestock to turn me away from the hobby. I'd pretty much have to be homeless and even then I would probably try to tote around something. I stopped in my LFS to let them know what happened so they would be aware that there could be others that were sick and that the same thing could happen to someone else, and they were flabberghasted. It was the first time I left without anything but a big net to help catch the wrasse and some food.

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
Hi Mandy, sorry for your lose. Any idea what caused this to happen?

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
sorry about it, i know how upsetting it is. been there. but on the second note, don't fresh water dip, because fish skin parasites don't die that fast and mostlikely the time that's needed to kill parasite probably would stress out the animal to death or kill it too.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Hi Mandy, sorry for your lose. Any idea what caused this to happen?
I'm guessing when I stupidly didn't QT an anthias I got right before Christmas when I wouldn't be at my place for 2 days in order to monitor levels in QT; when I should have just let it stay at the LFS until I was able to get back there. it died and then I'm guessing that is what passed it on. I've learned my no QT lesson. All it took was 1 fish. I still am not sure whether it was brook or velvet as the fish displayed symptoms of both.

jmeltzer

AC Members
Aug 1, 2007
Pomona, NY
Sorry Mandy, I know it stinks to lose your fish.
Good luck with the restocking.

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
ah man mandy that sux donkey balls.

good to hear your not like feeling totally defeated.

i mean, in retrospect, youll be able to say it was at least, a valuable learning experience.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store