Almost all of my fish are dead

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Have I mentioned how sad I am that so many or your long-time fish died? :(

olaf

AC Members
Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
Marine-Care Plus (new water - full dose) Declorinizor
Liquid Gravel Vac (once every 6 months)
Marine-Clean (one of the 3 once a month)
Marine-Max
Nitromax Marine
These are all biological bacteria and natural occuring elements <-- Marine -Care Plus

No, thank you, Pufferpunk.

As you probably can tell I am venting. I am very upset and sad. My GF cried for a while today. This was not a good day. I woke up great but then I saw my tank. :( Those fish were my "kids". Yes, I did even talk to them.

olaf

AC Members
Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
What should I do about my last scat?
Not swimming has been laying in the same spot since this afternoon.
Eyes not moving to look around, breathing - SHORT rapid gill movements, more like a muscle twitch. Coloration - all colors fading from the tail towards the head. It looks as it is slowly dying or trying to hold on. Maybe not knowing because of the lack of O2 eariler today.
It is almost like some of the patients in the psych wing at the hospital. the ones that tried to commit sucide and failed, now are vegetables laying just there have a "no bodies home" look in their eyes.

I have a friend like this she was absolutly beautiful and full of life.
Story goes, she was very upset with her relationship and was going to break up with her boyfriend.
Police report: Boyfriend come home find GW hanging in shower doesn't cut her down right away calls 911 then finally cut her down. She lives, brain dead, She would never want this, knowing from being a friend.
Court: BF is aquited not enough evidence.
After court he move away. She is still in the hospital bed where they put her in '92.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
How sad... You can overdose your scat w/clove oil & then freeze.

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
olaf said:
I have taken the living fish out and put them in the feeder tank.
The red scat is still on its side and there is discoloration, like the kind you get when the fish has just died. It can't swim right and all it does is breath. If it does try to swim it doesn't have any direction except forward or straight.
Question now is should I put it out of its misery?
If so how do I go about doing this?
I can't flush it. It is too big.

I buried my scats in the backyard, just make sure it's buried at least 2-3ft or you'll have neighbourhood cats and racoons digging it up. You could also trash it, wrap it in a garbage bag and tie it tight. Again the racoon/cat issue.

I'm sorry to hear about your losses olaf, that's pretty harsh. If you end up going to court make sure you give them hell.

olaf

AC Members
Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
This morning my puffer died also. I didn't think it was going to die. I thought I had saved it. When I found it, it was at the surface not breathing. All the other fish were at the bottom. I scooped it out and put it into a cup of "fresh" brackish water and it start to swim around like nothing had happened. But, a little after 10 am this morning it wasn't swimming or breathing any more... :(

The Green Chromide is still do fine.

I changed 45 gallons out of the tank and put the Green Chromide back into the 150. It has been hiding since yesterday when I found all my fish dead or dying. It is shy now. I wonder if it has been tramatized and now lonely.

My GF said that we should at least find another green chromide to keep it company.

I am pretty sure it is a female green chromide.

I got two Green Chromides when they were very small. one was slightly larger.
them both were about the size of a quarter. One had an eye spot and had always seemed more dominate. I lost the "male" last year in April.
They had always swam in a pair next to each other every where they went.
perfect example

Silver Surfer

Superhero
Jan 24, 2005
Chicago
I think thats was a lot of fish for that tank since they were all pretty big. I had experiences with green chromides, they are very aggressive and territorial. I'd keep just one and get a couple orange chromides which are much more peaceful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store