Altolamprologus Compressiceps Orange Fin

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Here's an updated full tank shot from last night too. Hadn't had an update in a long time. Here is my stock list:

Altolamps (6)
Brevis (6)
Cyprichromis (down to 5 or 6 from 22)

I had a lot of problems with my cyps. I just couldn't keep them alive, they kept getting that sunken in belly. I'd lose one or two a week. I am done with cyps to say the least ( they are done with me too :) Needless to say, I've got room to add a couple other species. Does anyone have any suggestions. How do you think some Julidochromis Regani Kipili would work? Any others?

I like the dark boulders on the right and am not crazy about the one's on the left. Think I'll keep a lookout for some more big dark ones that have interesting shapes to them.

Thanks for looking and commenting!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
:thumbsup:

Tanks and fish look great!

Sorry to hear about the cyps though...not the easiest fish to keep alive from what I have heard. I think paracyps would be a nice addition/replacement. A little more rock-bound than cyps but they tend to stay more towards the top and apparently breed pretty easily in good conditions and with the right group.

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Compressiceps Update

One of the female comps got her mouth stuck open. I went in to get her and caught every comp but her hiding in the caves. I eventually found her and pushed the cartiledge back into its socket and she was able tpo retract her mouth. It's been about a week and she's still OK.

While looking for her, I caught the dominant male so I decided to get a couple "out of water" pics of him and measure him. He is 3.75"

BTW: do you think they will breed in my 125. I think I have 2 males & 4 females. The largest female (which has paired up with this guy) is 3.25" Do they need to be in a species only tank or will they breed in my tang community tank (right now, I just have six brevis kitumba & 5 cyps).

Here's the pic...

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Hey ibr3ak just place the microwave in a cabinet and put in a acrylic tank where your microwave was and whalla Tanganyika setup bliss heheheehe..

ibr3ak

I Eat Fish
Dec 15, 2007
Brooklyn, An Why See
Hey ibr3ak just place the microwave in a cabinet and put in a acrylic tank where your microwave was and whalla Tanganyika setup bliss heheheehe..
lol how will I make my hot dog soup then? I might get some multis though in a near future :)

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
This guy has some splendid ideas! He will do anything to find a place for a fish tank. Well, he threw away his home's laundry machines to create a fishroom on that space!!! :shakehead:

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
hehehe looking to relocate the living room sofa..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store