Am I the only one who likes all the odball fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
Oh... well we are planning on keeping this oscar for a loooonnnggg time so he's gonna be full grown with all these fish. but alas, we have lotsa tanks and i could always move fish around if they dont work out.

as long as they're cool for a while then theres hope ;)
thanks babe

1tankneverenuff

CephHead
Feb 13, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
If they grow up together, there is hope of getting along. I mean, the African Butterfly can get to be around 5" long...which is quite large even if the Oscar gets to be around their average size of 14". Both can handle themselves that's for sure...

blitzen25bm

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
picking up a bunch of drawf snakeheads this weekend!

1tankneverenuff

CephHead
Feb 13, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
Originally posted by blitzen25bm
picking up a bunch of drawf snakeheads this weekend!
Nice! Yesterday I ordered two Snowflake Moray's, and Indian Butterfly Goby, a Striped Peacock Eel, and some other weird eel that I don't remember the name of. Eventually I would like to get some rare plecos, but I hear they need a mature/established tank and they can be hard to keep alive. I've been looking into the Royal Pleco, Gold Nugget Pleco, Zebra Pleco, and many others...

watcher

AC Members
Nov 5, 2003
PA
Well, I don't know how oddball you guys think these fellows are, but I have a rock bass and pumpkinseed in the big tank here. As a matter of fact, the rock bass is staring at me very intently right now. I think he wants a few more feeders...:shake:

cpn_aaron

recovering fishaholic
Mar 3, 2004
Melbourne, FL
Visit site
I'm an oodball nut. I have a 55 gal tank that will go 90-125 gal when everything grows up. It's got a 7 inch clown knife, 6 inch ornate bricher, 10 inch Cuvier's bricher, 6 inch pickerel (my only normal fish and NA at that too), 7 inch tire track eel (that guy was 4 inches 3 months ago, he's a weed), butter cat (hard to find, but not too oodball) and thinking of picking up a few more spiny eels. I want to get a flame and zig zag to even out my eel species. All my oodball have great personalities. I just fed them breakfast of frozen silversides about 10 mins ago and they went ape. Just all came out and crowded around my hand begging for more fish.
I'd be careful with oscars and some fish. I've always had any I owned really out compete my other fish. They're black holes when it comes to food and they can just hoover it up while you may be trying to feed a more secretive reef dweller. They used to take so much food from my white cheek morays and snowflake eels it drove me nuts. So I gave them to a buddy who wanted a mean but fun fish. They are now his puppy dogs (always begging for food).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store