Amquel+ vs. Prime

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hitman12131976

Resident Calculus Teacher
Apr 30, 2007
Covina, CA
www.eosclan.com
Just out of curiosity, will the API Master Test Kit work with PRIME properly? I had read how Nessler tests (which are brown hues, I think) won't work with PRIME.

ThePBM

Rich Hobo
Jul 30, 2007
Hawaii / Wisconsin
sorry for bumping up this old post, but it's topic is still relevant. and this was found using search anyway, so either get yelled at to 'USE THE SEARCH' or get yelled at for bumping old threads, i went this route.

i read someone saying "prime only needs 1 drop (1ml) per gallon" *edit: that was the second response to this thread actually*
but on my bottle of amquel+ it says "A Standard Dose of AmQuel is 1 teaspoon (5ml) of AmQuel+ per each 10 gallons..."

if my math serves me correctly, that means 1 drop (1ml) of amquel treats 2 gallons of water, whereas 1 drop (1ml) of prime vehemently treats 1 gallon of water.

Last edited:

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
actually 5 ml of prme treats 50 gallons of water. 1 ml(cc) of prime treats 10 gallons
1 ml = 1 cc if you want to get child dosing measure.
I am not sure 1 drop = 1 ml 1 capful of prime is 5 ml I have never seen 5 drops fill up a cap.actually foudn it..there are approx 15-16 drops in 1 cc

Last edited:

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
AmQuel+

• AmQuel+ is nontoxic and saves on the need for as many water changes
you still need 25% weekly AmQuel is not a substitute
  • AmQuel+ removes/detoxifies all forms of chloramines/ammonia/ammonium/nitrites/nitrates from the water
I doubt anything that claims to remove nitrate
  • AmQuel+ stability and reliability reduces the need for water quality tests of ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate
it does not reduce the need for water quality tests and is not a substitute for having a test kit
  • AmQuel+ removes/detoxifies toxic pheromones from the water
Well it would be tough to prove them wrong here
  • AmQuel+ does not interfere with the beneficial sludge-removing bacteria or their food sources
WTH are sludge removingbacteria
PRIME

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prime™ removes chlorine, chloramine and ammonia. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prime™ converts ammonia into a safe, non-toxic form that is readily removed by the tank’s biofilter. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prime™ may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prime™ detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prime™ also promotes the production and regeneration of the natural slime coat.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prime™ is non-acidic and will not impact pH. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prime™ will not overactivate skimmers. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water.[/FONT]
Which is better?
I prefer the way Prime is sold to be honest

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I like prime but can't always find the 2 liter bottle.

another product they sell is called safe..it is the dry version of prime but without the buffers.

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
I have spoken with Seachem the makers of PRIME and they say the good thing about there product is that there is NO danger of overdose. but that doesn't mean you can overdue it by adding lets say 1 drop per gallon for a 20 gallon. It just means that if you go over by a few drops you won't need to worry about anything bad happening to your fish. I use prime myself and its an excellent product.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Any product that states...

AmQuel+ is nontoxic and saves on the need for as many water changes

will not get a penny of my money, and goes into my worthless product list.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
one drop doesnt = 1ml

sorry for bumping up this old post, but it's topic is still relevant. and this was found using search anyway, so either get yelled at to 'USE THE SEARCH' or get yelled at for bumping old threads, i went this route.
you forgot yelled at for making another new topic lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store