And it all started with just a tank...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

alleykat0498

AC Members
Oct 1, 2008
Virginia
It's really hard to get them to come out square. One of the sides is about 1/4" deeper than the other, I may just cut it down to get it straightened out though.

I HATE waiting on the rest of the materials to be delivered, it's driving me nuts. I have a pretty busy weekend ahead and wont be able to get back to work on the tank until next week. Not to mention the mail man comes by right about the time I have to leave for work today:mad2:.

I may have a guy buying my 125 on tuesday though, and that will give me the cash to purchase an in sump skimmer:). I've never had a skimmer before so the research into which one to get has proven to be almost as big of a project as the tank system itself. I'm leaning towards the Reef Octopus http://www.saltysupply.com/Reef-Octopus-NWB-110-Protein-Skimmer-p/oc3524.htm

Thoughts?

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Looks nice so far.

I know what you mean on the waiting part.

I had a thought for you and that overflow. Can you put some sort of block underneath the plastic as it is in the oven and let it just form around it?

alleykat0498

AC Members
Oct 1, 2008
Virginia
It doesnt become that pliable, abs when used in molding scenarios is usually vacuumed around or into the mold. I just heated it flat on some foil then wrapped it around six 2x4's stacked side by side.

Guess who just got a mailbox full of bulkheads...

alleykat0498

AC Members
Oct 1, 2008
Virginia
Well I'm a little worried about the hole size. With the hole saw I have there will only be about 1/8-3/16's of an inch of overlap of the flange this pic isnt the best to show it but you can see what I mean.

100_1984.JPG

alleykat0498

AC Members
Oct 1, 2008
Virginia
Well I put the overflow box in it's permanent home this evening, as well as drew up a few part's list's for all of the loose end's. I still need to get a 1 1/2" bulkhead for the drain to the sump, I may just ride over to Atlantis or RA and pick one up instead of waiting for one to be shipped. The Loc-line hose came in today with all of the fitting's. I may make a small order for my return hose through them just to get a little more control over the movement through the sump return. I'm guessing I'll have the new hole saw by thursday.

alleykat0498

AC Members
Oct 1, 2008
Virginia
Well after the silicone cured, I test filled the tank to see if I could determine how much water the overflow was capable of handling. I'm sad to report it looks like I'm going to have to drill the closed loop outside of the overflow so that it doesn't over run the overflow and flood the tank.

alleykat0498

AC Members
Oct 1, 2008
Virginia
Well the tracking number for my drill bit says it's still in Austin TX and has been for over a week.... (LOST)

So after every attempt to contact the seller with no response, I went with a pay pal dispute due to his lack of communication. Of course I got some nasty emails from the guy after I filed the dispute, but he eventually gave in and shipped another bit. I had to spell it out in big bold letter's for the guy that this is what the pay pal dispute process is in place for. Of course he threatened to "ride it out as long as possible" but he finally sent another one.... Still waiting though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store