Anentome helena aka Assassin Snails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
This is probably a dumb question, but why should someone piggyback onto your order instead of buying it themselves?
Because this way you can buy a few w/out paying more for shipping than for the snails. I'm assuming most folks won't be wanting large numbers. I paid $30 + shipping for 4 from a seller in CA and only received 3. Apparently so did at least several other people who bought from him. :angryfire: I can't promise extra snails, but I CAN count. :drool: They are separate sexes but I have no clue how to sort out males from females. Just like with fish, it's best to get 5-6 to be sure of having both sexes for breeding.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I suppose you're ordering from overseas then? I don't see how having a middleman would save money on shipping any other way.

Good luck with it though, you seem to have a lot of potential buyers (I bumped across your posts on other forums). And let me know if you ever do find out how to sex them.

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
what the heck is an assassin snail?
A snail that eats snails. They don't eat their kind though. These guys eliminate persistent ramshorns that will eat your aquatic plants, pond snails, and etc. I don't know if they chomp down apple snails. I'll be getting 5 of these guys from another site. This topic creator could be the seller

Keboss

AC Members
Mar 21, 2008
Well. I'ld like to have 6 them. By the looks of a couple of my tanks, they cann't get here quick enough!

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Incredible...

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
The critters arrived today, most of them in a big pile in the styro cooler they were shipped in. There were a dozen small pastic containers, most of them empty, but with the lids still on. Maybe the snails got out then the lids snapped back into place in handling? In any case they're temporarily situated in a large plastic tub with fresh water, some sinking pellets, and a sponge filter. Some of them haven't stirred yet, most have moved around or at least poked out their heads, and a few seem to be eating the pellets.
I ordered 175 and received 2 extra, bless the selller's little pea-picking heart. It remains to be seen if there are any DOA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store