Angels and Corys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
Sounds good to me. Post some pics of your setup with the corys and angels, I'm interested.
Will do.

FYI the Penguin 100 is on there as my QT filter (QT tank is a 10G). I just keep it running on the main tank in order to keep bacteria alive in the filter (and it helps with extra filtration).

KuchDaddy

Hu-Mans, listen to me.
Jan 24, 2007
Vienna, VA
Nice!

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
Even with fake plants it looks great. You've made a great home for those fish!

I have another light hood, but at the moment its being used as a template for a new wooden hood (to hopefully hold CFL's and moonlights). I also keep thinking about switching over to real plants at some point.

BoredAgain

Cubs in '10
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO

I have another light hood, but at the moment its being used as a template for a new wooden hood (to hopefully hold CFL's and moonlights). I also keep thinking about switching over to real plants at some point.
For Angels, it would be best to go real, with a lot of floating plants...they do appreciate the shade and are probably more happy right now with only one light strip going.

For my tank, I stick with low light plants on bottom and high light floaters at the top.

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
For Angels, it would be best to go real, with a lot of floating plants...they do appreciate the shade and are probably more happy right now with only one light strip going.
This probably explains why they shy away when the light is on, the zebra angels stripes fade almost completely with the light on, as soon as the light is off the stripe is a solid black.

At the moment I rarely have the lights on, usually only have them on when I am trying to take pictures. Thanks for the tip on the plants though, it helps me narrow down the sort of plants I am looking at.

Sarge_857

Iam the one under your bed. BOO
Mar 18, 2008
Saline, MI AKA craphole USA
i love your tank!! the plant placement is sweet! now i might get some angels.....maybe 2 or 3......

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
Thought I would ask this question here instead of creating a new thread, since this is where the idea came from........... is this likely to be overstocked:

3 x angels
8 x peppered cory cats
8 x rummynose tetras

Its a 55G, and now has a Whisper 60 and Aquaclear 110 for filtration. Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store