Angels and Corys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ZSandmann

Obey the Corgi!
Jun 25, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Real Name
John
I don't think so, my angel tank will have a similar end stock list.

Right now it has: 1 Angel, 4 Emerald Cories, 1 Swordtail, 3 Cherry Barbs, 5 White Clouds (I know they are cold water, this was stock that came with the tank)

A lot of the fish were with the tank when I got it on Craigslist. I am looking to replace the swordtail and white clouds with Rummynose. Not sure about the Barbs just yet.

BoredAgain

Cubs in '10
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I don't think so, my angel tank will have a similar end stock list.

Right now it has: 1 Angel, 4 Emerald Cories, 1 Swordtail, 3 Cherry Barbs, 5 White Clouds (I know they are cold water, this was stock that came with the tank)

A lot of the fish were with the tank when I got it on Craigslist. I am looking to replace the swordtail and white clouds with Rummynose. Not sure about the Barbs just yet.
WCMMs will be fine in warmer water. I have some and they are great fish. They love chillin' with the corys.

iam1ru12

I am 1; R U 12?
Jun 15, 2008
Philippines
Maximum adult sizes:

• Angelfish - 6-8 inches
  • Peppered corys - 3 inches
  • Rummynose tetra - 2 inches
Depending on how you calculate capacity, you'll have a total of 58-64 inches of adult fish.

It would be overstock if you use the usual "one inch of fish for a gallon of water" formula.

I use swimming area - length x width (as seen in another site) - in calculating stocking capacity; after all, not all fish occupy the same level (top, middle, bottom) in an aquarium.

iam1ru12

I am 1; R U 12?
Jun 15, 2008
Philippines
Cherry barbs not nipping the fins of your angelfish?

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
Maximum adult sizes:

• Angelfish - 6-8 inches
  • Peppered corys - 3 inches
  • Rummynose tetra - 2 inches
Depending on how you calculate capacity, you'll have a total of 58-64 inches of adult fish.

It would be overstock if you use the usual "one inch of fish for a gallon of water" formula.

I use swimming area - length x width (as seen in another site) - in calculating stocking capacity; after all, not all fish occupy the same level (top, middle, bottom) in an aquarium.
I would say that 40" would occupy the upper/mid levels (tetras + angels) and that 24" would occupy the bottom (corys).

But, is it overstocked? Based on the 1" per gallon rule I know it is, but everyone knows that the 1" per gallon rule is pretty flawed.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Thought I would ask this question here instead of creating a new thread, since this is where the idea came from........... is this likely to be overstocked:

3 x angels
8 x peppered cory cats
8 x rummynose tetras

Its a 55G, and now has a Whisper 60 and Aquaclear 110 for filtration. Thanks.
It's fine. Get 15 rummies.:)

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
It's fine. Get 15 rummies.:)
15 would be cool, have to see how much they cost first (and if the LFS have any). I have read that rummies school really well, so hopefully they will look neat with 3 angels around.

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
Rummynose tetras are some of the best schoolers I have ever seen.Harlequin rasboras are also awesome schoolers. They will look amazing with the angels if the angels do not eat them. Right now I am having a problem with my angels eating anything they can fit into their mouths.

Marinemom

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store