Any guitar players?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
I was wondering how many guitar players there are here on AC. Playing guitar has become one of my hobbies and passions for the last year. It is probably the cuase for me not being on AC as much, but its just becuase it takes up some time, I still am way into the aquarium hobby.

Anyways, my guitar is in my avatar, an Epiphone Les Paul, i love it. I also have an ovation for an acoustic.

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Well, I don't play guitar, I play the violin/fiddle....and it sure does take alot of time ! I find myself on that thing for hours at a time. But I LOVE it !

My son is saving up for an electric guitar....and he's leaning towards and ibanez himself. He plays that ugly "headbanger" music...I detest it and hope he gets over this interest in a hurry ! (though I don't mind him playing the electric guitar, just wish he would pick different music)

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
I've played guitar since before you were born Andy. Picked it up in 1986 and haven't put it down since. I'm a strat fan myself.

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
Wow reiverix, that was pretty good. Ive never really been into finger-picking but I like the way it sounds.

I'm a strat fan myself.
After I buy some corals and finish stocking my tank, Im gonna get a strat. I love my epi lp, but I also want to have a guitar with an awesome clean tone.

Im not really into that headbanging type of music. I listen to most anything but heavy metal and rap. Right now I am working on the end of the 2nd solo and most of that last solo in I believe in a thing called love by the darkness. Awesome song. hahahaha.

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
Yea I saw that video a while ago, its pretty insane. I really dont like shred at all though. Most of those people just come home from work(or in this kids case, school) and play scales all day as fast as they possibly can. There really isnt a lot of emotion in it, just pure insane speed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store