Any suggestions for 5 gallon tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

riddle4sphinx

AC Members
Jul 19, 2006
Illinois
Nope, no soap when I cleaned out the tank.... I used really diluted bleach water and then rinsed it all out good and let it air dry for a few days. I started cycling it and I like the idea of DP's, but I have to check and see what my local pet store has. I am in the dorms, but I have my own room, so live worms in the fridge isn't a problem. If my pet store has DP's, is one or two better for a 5g? I just don't want to overstock and its hard already since its only 5g. If they don't have DP's, how many guppies and snails could I put together? It would have to be one betta because three females in a 5g tank is too much right? Thanks again for all of your help!!

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
4-5 male guppies and 1-? snails (depending on what kind of snail you get: you could only have one or two mystery snails, or over 20 maylasian trumpet or pond snails) would be about the max. for that size a tank.

You could quite possibly house three female bettas and no other fish in a 5g, although I would only recomend it if you have other tanks that you can use to seperate the fish - it's pushing it, but it, but I haven't personally tried it myself to get a definitive answer (nor do I have intentions of setting up another 5g so that I can trie it at the moment).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store