Anybody here ever heard about emerald green cories?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

echoofformless

Peat Advocate & Defender Of Snails
Oct 1, 2005
Phil Uh Del Feeya
www.myspace.com
fballguy said:
Is there data that says stunting is bad for fish? No, at least not that I can find, but its true is it not?

These numbers on shoaling fish come from people who have spent years observing the behavior of fish, so they probably know what they are talking about.

I too have spent years observing the behavior of fish. And I have never noticed my corys any more or less happy in groupings of various numbers. That doesn't mean I'm right or wrong in my assertions.

Remember, even those who spend a lifetime studying things can be incorrect. Why else would the sciences be such subjective and hotly debated studies?

echoofformless

Oct 1, 2005
Phil Uh Del Feeya
www.myspace.com
blackwolfXKAV said:
If you listen real carefully at night when the filter is off, you can hear them talking...or maybe its jsut me...:D

I think I read somewhere that brochis like to make clicking sounds. I might recruit them as extra percussionists should I ever play music again.

Cory Lover

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
B.C. Canada
echoofformless said:
Absolutely...but these specific number seem to me just something that people like to toss around. Naturally I am not a cory expert and I don't pretend to be, though I seriously question how a supposed expert can come up with an exact number like six. Is there really that much of a noticeable difference between having five and having six?

I guess all of my life I have been the guy who questions everything; even the scientists. They are known to be incorrect often enough. :dive2:
Hi,

No, there isn't that much of a diference between five and six.

I just think that Cories are much, much, much happier in groups of four or more then just one.

Cory Lover

Grundy

"A Buckeye Behind Enemy Lines"
Jul 9, 2006
Michigan
blackwolfXKAV said:
If you listen real carefully at night when the filter is off, you can hear them talking...or maybe its jsut me...:D
Mine talk about me when they think I'm not listening...little buggers! :)

ronan oscar

Faithful Christian
Jun 30, 2006
Colorado
i have a female green cory and i absolutely love her. She keeps my tank spotless and is very, very friendly. Buy one and you won't be sorry.

echoofformless

Oct 1, 2005
Phil Uh Del Feeya
www.myspace.com
fballguy said:
Do you do it for a living? And do you perform crazy experiments on your fish? :Angel:

lol
I will not divulge such information. However if a really really really really big green cory knocks on your door asking for more shrimp pellets than you might have in stock, just tell him you're a friend of mine and he will leave you alone. :joke:

neonmadness

AC Members
Sep 14, 2006
i bought two emerald green cories from petco and they act like any other cory.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store