anyone wanna take in a fishnerd so hes out of his current living condition?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
Now it sounds like you have a plan in the works and a little support on your side. Good for you, LBF. Looks like some small steps and planning are working to your advantage! Maybe while you are waiting for a one bedroom, you could see about some training for some work, so that paying the bills won't be such a worry-- also, it might show G-Ma that you are really serious and have a future plan in place. She might be even more willing to help then :)
besides helpin with the list she wont co-sign still

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
That's okay, LBF. Even if she won't co-sign, she is at least thinking about you moving out an starting to help. SMALL STEPS :)

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
I think this issue with moving out should be addressed as best as possible. Then the next step should be college, vocational training or a job.
Given my experiences with being highly educated and still having to fight "tooth and nail" for a job...I can't say college is the best solution. I think if I started over, I'd go right into some two year trade school and then start working immediately.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
YES they said they would allow fishtanks!!!! so a few Qs

should i get a 2nd floor or a first floor?
if i get the 2nd floor they told me that heat rises so the room will stay warmer but i dont kno if i should with my tanks..
if i get the first floor then i can have my tanks without worrying about the floor falling..

and ill only have 3 tanks total,
80 gallon
20 gallon
and one more either a 55 gallon or another 20 or 29 gallon ifi go with the 55 it will be a convict community tank or if i go with the 29 that will be for a pair of convicts and the 20 as the fry tank or a community tank. the 80 will be for my red devil.. only tank will haveheater on them is the 80. i may just leave one or two cons in the 80 tho...

so what u all think?

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
ya she dont want me paying 400 for a 2 bedroom ( well 800 for the first month includind secerty deposite ) instead were gunna wait for a 1 one bedroom to open up by then ill have 300 saved up AND a 1 bedroom is 299 a month so its 600 for the first month ( including secerty deposite ) then goes back to 300 every month after the first month... that way i have 400 for the month for food or whatever...

and the first month would i have to pay elec? or is that the 2nd month of me living there?

she emailed me and said she wants a copy of my SS card so ima bring it to her in a lil bit

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
soap
dish soap
laundry soap
tv
pans-dishes
food-will get wen i move
tank-have
cloths-have
dresser-have
furnerchaire-dad has for me
bed
towels
microwave
shampoo
coffe pot
extra fish conditiner
and a few stands for round the house
toilet paper
You will need more than this!

How about:

Garbage Cans
Vacuum at least a cheap one
Toilet cleaner
Toilet plunger
Can opener
Bedding

You're bound to find more things you need when you move in. Start by getting all of the above and then when you move in keep of list of all additional things you find you need.

I would go for first floor to be safe!

Good luck!

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
so anything else needed to add to the list?
There'll be literally hundreds of additional things that you'll need. Some more urgent than others, but you'll run into different situations where you'll need:

scissors
small tool kit (hammer, pliers, level, etc.)
toothpaste
nail clippers
batteries
etc.

the list goes on.....and on.....

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Don't forget renter's insurance. If you are going to have fish tanks and could do damage to property, it's something you might want to consider.

As to the education part-- college isn't for everyone, Eupterus, I agree. The simple fact is that without training of some kind, it is nearly impossible to support oneself in today's society. I believe that unless you are in a truly abusive relationship (as in you believe that your physical health or sanity are in danger-- not talking about discomfort here-- talking about the possibility of psychotic break or immediate physical danger) a person should keep the roof over his or her head and plan very carefully before jumping into a situation her or she might not be able to handle financially or emotionally.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store