Apple Snail has Huge BUBBLE in flesh

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish Kate

Don't Eat the Puppies
Sep 9, 2005
Chicago
Found him on the glass at the waterline this morning. Still nothing but the foot out, and he still looks darker than normal, but more movement.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Excellent! Might be too early to call it yet, but I sure like the sounds of the way it's turning out.

Good Job!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
is he eating at all? I hate to sound negative, but I think he is far from out of the woods. Fingers crossed he can recover from this and good for you for giving him a chance!

MacMyers

AC Members
Sep 14, 2010
Palm Harbor, FL
Real Name
Mac Myers
If this works out it'll be great. Fingers crossed. :clap:

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
So glad he is out and moving, but I agree with msjinkzd-still not out of the woods, but I am cautiously very hopeful!!

MacMyers

AC Members
Sep 14, 2010
Palm Harbor, FL
Real Name
Mac Myers
Oh I agree the animal is not out of danger as well. I just think it's amazing when something like this works. Or even appears to work. One step closer. Maybe at least the animal is more comfortable (assuming I'm not anthropomorphizing here.

I know a fellow that removed a lima bean sized rock from an Axolotls stomach when no vet would try it. Animal is fine now.
Sometimes doing something a little crazy is better than doing nothing at all.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
** Hijack alert ** Mac...that is one gorgeous Axolotl in your avatar...yours?

Back on track....how's mr. snail doing today?

Fish Kate

Don't Eat the Puppies
Sep 9, 2005
Chicago
Still hanging out at the water line...not eating as far as I can tell, but he's gone days and days without moving before. (She said, hopefully.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store