Apple Snail has Huge BUBBLE in flesh

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
I am amazed at the effort you made, congrats and I am hoping everything turns out ok. I'm sorry if I sounded too negative, I didn't mean to cheapen the efforts of yourself or the snail. That snail must be a survivor, and your experimental treatment looks like it is working. If any of my snails had this, I would do exactly what you did. Good Job!

Fish Kate

Don't Eat the Puppies
Sep 9, 2005
Chicago
It's been 2 weeks and he's still alive. Very little movement, and he's not eating as far as I can tell, but he creeps from one side of the tank to the other and sometimes sends out his feelers or siphon.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
sounding good.

<keeps fingers crossed>

angel fresh

AC Members
May 23, 2010
lets hope for a full recovery, good pet saving effort:).

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
Well, he is mobile!! Thats fantastic! Have you tried maybe tiny bits of snello, mine go crazy for snello, and maybe he would go for it too! I hope he eats soon!

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Wow! I've never seen this before.
This is incredible--I hope that he is okay now.
:woot: I love a good ending for inverts!

terryd

Registered Member
May 2, 2011
I'm dieing to know the outcome for the little critter. My snail of over 5 years just got this condition. I'm bummed and hope that "Turbo" gets better.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
old thread but after reading im interested in what happened!!

Fish Kate

Don't Eat the Puppies
Sep 9, 2005
Chicago
Sorry to say he only lived 3 weeks

Sorry to say that the outcome was not good. After I used the needle to pop the bubble, which slowly deflated, I put him back in the tank. He moved around some, but did not seem to eat, even when tempted with his favorite garden kale.

I also did not know if he could breath properly (he was in a 10 gal with some freshwater tropicals) so I added a ledge to the tank where he could sit in the water but reach air with his syphon. He died about 3 weeks after "surgery."

It could be I waited too long, or that I could never have saved him. But I'd try it again if faced with a similar situation.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store