Aquaclear intake tube "bubble"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

andyjh

AC Members
Feb 18, 2009
Massachusetts
I'm running an Aquaclear 70 and though it self-primes reasonably well there is a "air bubble" at the top of the intake tube. (just at the bend before it enters the filter box). Everything is seated properly. Anyone else have this? Flow doesn't seem to be affected.
TIA
Andy

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
same here with all of mine

stumble

AC Members
Jun 17, 2009
bubble

my old filter gets bubbles in it and will make noise I just push on the tube to make a better seal and the bubble gets sucked out

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Possibly the filter isn't level in the front to rear orientation. Try pulling the top of the filter towards the front of the tank and hold it there a few seconds.

Hebily

My Tank \/
Mar 15, 2009
Racine, Wi
Camera Used
Cannon or iPhone
Is it at full flow, or throttled? If it's throttled, try taking it to full flow for a couple hours, and see if it goes away. Then you should be able to go back to the throttled position without any problems.

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
I only have my AC110 running right now, but it normally sucks all the air out when I start it up. If I don't let it run full out for a couple minutes before turning the flow down, it might keep a bubble in there sometimes though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store