Ask to winter a friends plec

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
yeh 4 inches sure thats like my 6 inch sharks i rehomed lolololololed

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
so that pleco just came out of the pond now? how low of a temp can common/sailfins handle?

i know fancier varietys are strickly tropical but i hear the above two are able to handle low 60's...can they go lower?
Yes it came directly out of her pond, so I had to be VERY careful when i acclimated him to the warmer temps of my tank. I am not for sure how low is TOO low of a temp for the commons but she said this one would sun itself everyday on the rock and woodwork of her pond.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
So how long is it?
Not for sure and like I said I just picked him up like this for long enough to snap the shot because you can tear their tails holding them like that. I tried holding him by his head with my thumb and pointer finger but he was not having it:) I will have to wait until he is on the glass so i can measure. I am a bit worried as he really is too big for my 55 but it's either my 55 or a 29 that she was going to put him in. I chose the lesser of the two evils:)

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store