Audifeesh's updated nano - 30L, lots of pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

audifeesh

AC Members
Aug 18, 2010
Ok question -- does anyone know from personal experience (as in you have seen this or can provide a picture and documentation of) an urchin clingfish "hosting" with a tuxedo urchin? I'd assume that they wouldn't since they hide in LSU's and SPS corals, but an hour or so on google only yielded inconclusive evidence. I'd love to get one of these, but I'd also like it to be comfortable in my tank and I don't have any large branching sps or a LSU (nor do I have the room for one)

Second question - should I just say "forget the clingfish" and get 7 sexies to hang out in my tank? :) I love sexy shrimp.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I'd go with the Sexies, but I have no idea what a clingfish is :)

I love your tank, it's much nicer then mine.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I'll trade you urchins lol

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
I don't think a clingfish will host in a tuxedo urchin. I think you need a long spine urchin to see that relationship. Tuxedo urchins have really short spines and no place for the clingfish to go. They are kind of a difficult fish to care for as well.

I'd do the sexies :)

audifeesh

AC Members
Aug 18, 2010
I'll trade you urchins lol
Lol Id need the huge black long spine with the big orange eye. I forget the Latin name. As much as I love hex I don't think I could get rid of Artois, nor do I have room for some foot long behemoth of an urchin in my tank. (and it's my understanding that they grow very quickly.)

Sexies it is! Would have ordered already buy live aquaria is being dumb about PayPal checkout... Petco has them on sale, I guess they should be ok from there.

I normally worry about copper and stuff from places like Petco. But I guess they can't really do that with marine shrimp at all can they. Lol

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Order them from salty critter :)

audifeesh

AC Members
Aug 18, 2010
I'd go with the Sexies, but I have no idea what a clingfish is :)

I love your tank, it's much nicer then mine.
Clingfish are (I believe) a type of goby that has a semi- symbiotic relationship with longspine urchins. Theyre very very pretty, and apparently very good natured fish. Though not difficult to care for they seem to either die in under a week or be ok - it's a coin toss. That's why I wont get one unless I can provide it with a nice comfy environment.

And here's a pic

Thank you for the compliment :) I'm pretty happy with the tank myself. It's got a lot of growing to do though. Right now it's just packed out with frags.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
As in the horror film?

Tiny little guy :). You gonna make it a pair?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store