Automatic top off system

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
Grins, that is why when I rebuild even my 40 gal breeder after the large reef tanks are finished, that I will look around for a small chiller and also I will need top put in on that side of the wall another electrical upgrade. Even that its a bit of a drive from me, how many lfs are there near you Grins?

PS. I found these:
Tropical Concepts
Asain Tropical Fish II ?
Seaquest Aquariums
Aquarium Concepts
Frank & Peg`s Fish & pet place
Aquariausa
Fintastic

Last edited:

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
A chiller would be nice, but too pricey for me. I'm putting my money these days towards private tuition for my son and my business. What little is left goes towards the tank and house.

On SW stores here in the Charlotte metro area I recommend

Fintastic
Coral Dynamics
Petland
Logan's Reef
Fins and Critters
Dav's Sea Creatures
Exotic Fish World
AquariaUSA
Salty's Superstore

There are two others I've been to, one on your list but I'd not recommend them as their store is either in general state of uncleanliness or their fish are often all experiencing ich or some other state of stress or disease.

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
I understand completely the cost of raising a family for even that im not my grandchildren father, they still cost me plenty for last year dance lessons my Julia I paid it all which just the monthly lessons is $44 and then at the end it runs me a few extra hundred for costumes and so. I saved your suggestion list in word pad for when im ready I will look to check them out and how long a drive it would take me. I also will have to arrange the drive on a day that I not be needed to help with the kids for like now, im a MRI to do and I arranged it this Saturday morning when the kids daddy be home for I never know when their daddy will call me that one isn't going to school because their sick and I not want to have to cancel the MRI and wait for another date to do it.

There always be a lfs that not as good as the next one due to lost of fish or as you were saying. I once gone out to that not so lfs out in Greensboro NC. Aquamain`s was a lfs I gone to check out, the store is large and looks great then but what made it that I not done business with them was this girl who was doing a medicine treatment to a batfish. I was watching at a distance when she first removed half the tanks water and refilled it and done it again, removing half the tanks water.

I had to go over there and asked her in what was she doing and she said that she was treating the batfish for the flake decease and I told her that all she had to do is not add other fish to the tank and maintain the highest water quality and a healthy nutritional diet and in time it would just fall off. She looked at me dumfounded like.

The way I look at that is that she could tell somebody to do the same thing when they not have too :hypnotized: lol

Cavalier2123

Guy on the couch
Jan 16, 2007
Newnan, GA
I finally got sick of the bi-weekly trips to the shop to get water as well... I installed my ro unit last night and it seems to be working. I bought the auto-top off kit but have yet to install it.

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
Well my Tunze osmo-thingy got installed today...

I love it...

Really top of the line...

I haven't seen any others though...

If you are willing to spend a little more then normal... Then i would totally reccomend this to anyone thinking of an auto-top off system...

Ill take some pics of it installed soon!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store