Behemoth planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cyborob

AC Members
May 24, 2006
Pacific NW
Oh my! That’s very nice.
Are the other three tanks going to be in the same home too? Even that one tank would seem to be a full time job keeping it up to living condition, wow.
Do you get a spare room in the mansion Tom?

:thm:

plantbrain

AC Members
Apr 27, 2001
Davis, CA
www.BarrReport.com
No rent free lodging, but I do get to see Pink Floyd with Roger Waters at the estate with a few hundred folks. :dance:

Client likes the color of the fan tail gups on the surface.

Cardnials and gups don't school together, but with a larger tank, you'd see that right away:)

Fish tend to do their own schooling in larger tanks and behaviors are much less agressive.

Besides the daily feeding, the owner will spend about 2-3 hours a week on it.
He spends perhaps 10-15 on the other 20 tanks he'll do away with later.
So he'll get another 10 hours of free time this way and nicer looking single impressive unit.

I did a 150 gal office tank that's starting to mature, it would have sooner if he'd added enough CO2 from day one.

It's like a 55 gal, but a little taller(28") and longer 72" wider, 17.5.
The tank looks good and the fish and koi angels are doing very nicely.

He only has 1.5 w/gal NO Fl's and the gloss is doign very well and has piled up.

Time for a trim.

So all that poppy cock about Gloss needing high light is a myth.
I said that back almost 10 years ago, no one listens though. :thud:
Regards,
Tom Barr

justintoxicated

AC Members
Dec 19, 2005
Water changes are one thing, but how the hell to you properly light that thing and gravel vacume it?

you need like 3000 watts of compact flourescent lighting? Maybe HID lights or something that would conserve power but I'm not sure you can get them in the proper wavelength.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store