Best Method for Aiptasia Removal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I Anyone know how effective the berghia nudibranch are for them?
The trick with them is to place them in an area you can control such as a small qt tank with a bit of the infested rock at a time They are very small and this way they can control one rock at a time. If they work and you rid yourself of the pests arrange for another local reefer to adopt them so they don't starve.

Jesshika

AC Members
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
The trick with them is to place them in an area you can control such as a small qt tank with a bit of the infested rock at a time They are very small and this way they can control one rock at a time. If they work and you rid yourself of the pests arrange for another local reefer to adopt them so they don't starve.
Okay I might try that, the berghias are so expensive though :headshake2: Either with the berghia and the copperband, are there any aiptasia that are too big for them to handle? I know the peppermints will only go after the small aiptasia

Jesshika

AC Members
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
What are these things??
Aiptasia? They're just glass anemones, or a pest anemone that will overtake your entire tank if you let it. :silly:

I've been in the hobby for 7 years and this is the first time I've experienced aiptasia, I've kept butterflies in the past before too so I might consider the copperband but this tank is still new so i might have to wait a while... I've also seen many sick/dieing copperbands in the LFS, really sad =/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store