Best Method for Aiptasia Removal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jesshika

AC Members
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
Update

After curing the rock and washing out the live sand too I finally re-setup the tank and added new rock and sand to re-seed the dead rock. And here is an updated picture of the tank after being one month old and so far no aiptasia! Only a couple that I used Aiptasia removal stuff on. There is some green coraline algae growing on the rock that I did the FW dip on and theres also some growing on the glass. The other new rocks are just growing more purple coraline. Will purple eventually grow back on the dead rock or does green grow first?

DSCF1208.JPG DSCF1206.JPG DSCF1222.JPG

Last edited:

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I had a literal one aiptasia that was not dying. I added 3 peppermint shrimp today hoping that they'd destroy the one I had and prevent any additional ones if they sprouted up where I couldn't see them and the one aiptasia was gone before I woke up this morning. So, that is my thoughts about best method of removal haha.

I like the rock and your rock setup.

Sarra

AC Members
Dec 8, 2007
My peppermint shrimp didn't touch my aiptasia. I used a "reef safe" removal chemical in a QT tank. After 24 hours, it was all gone, so I put the live rock back in my tank and all is good now. It didn't kill any of my rock either, still nice and green.

Tasma

AC Members
Apr 23, 2007
South Africa
gangstfish, in photo 6 what is the swirly/stripy looking fish in the background?
it is beautiful!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store