Beta Rescue

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
yeah the floating is only to get the tamps the same.but you have to acclimate them.bit off topic but i will give petsmart a second chance.and also you dont have to replace the plants you could get some ottos i think they eat brown algae,correct me if i am wrong.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
yeah the floating is only to get the tamps the same.but you have to acclimate them.bit off topic but i will give petsmart a second chance.and also you dont have to replace the plants you could get some ottos i think they eat brown algae,correct me if i am wrong.
Most fish you do not have to acclimate, that's what plop and drop means.

Evanleigh

Poprocks!
Mar 9, 2014
St. George, Utah
Real Name
Evanleigh
Camera Used
iphone 6s
If your plants looked as brown as mine, not even a school of otto's would be able to clean them.

seaecho

AC Members
Oct 9, 2013
I don't believe in the plop and drop, as you would be introducing the water from the store into your tank, and you don't want that, as it could carry any matter of bacteria, fungus, ich, etc. Remember, these stores are run on a CENTRAL SYSTEM, which means all the tanks are exposed to the same water, and all it takes is one sick fish for all the others to be exposed. I always acclimate, adding a small amount of my tank water into the bowl the betta came in every 15 minutes, until 45 minutes have elapsed, and then I either net the betta or gently remove it with my hand to release it into my tank. Much more gentle and humane, in my opinion, then to just plop and drop.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Seaecho,

Central systems use UV sterilizers so cross contamination is very unlikely. I do agree, Plop and Drop is a bit harsh and around here that is only with feeders.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store