Betta / Aquarium question.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OldMan47

I love my endlers
Jan 1, 2008
Central Illinois
I have a nice veiltail in a 10 gallon with a sponge filter and a powerhead rated for a 20. The betta will go lay against the sponge and then swim up and get into the flow from the powerhead. I was a bit concerned when I saw him doing it 2 months ago because I thought I had a weak or dieing betta but now I know it is just one of his games. He is in with a small number of endlers that seem to be able to reproduce even with him there to eat some of the fry.

LeahK

AC Members
Jul 5, 2007
Iowa
I saw the pics you posted of your pretty female betta in the photo section. She's in a 1 gallon bowl right? Why not put her in the 5 gallon, instead of buying a new betta? She's so pretty, she deserves an upgrade! She'll get used to the flow.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
I saw the pics you posted of your pretty female betta in the photo section. She's in a 1 gallon bowl right? Why not put her in the 5 gallon, instead of buying a new betta? She's so pretty, she deserves an upgrade! She'll get used to the flow.
:iagree:

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
I have a Crowntail Male Betta in a 20g with a Penguin 330 (which provides a lot of current) and he does just fine in it! It really depends on the individual betta and how much flow they can tolerate.
You can find media bags at pretty much an fish store including Petco and Petsmart. Petco has started carrying Halfmoon Bettas (think they are 14 dollars) so if you have a local Petco you can check them out for Halfmoons also.

DKgravel.jpg

WhisperedLitany

AC Members
Dec 20, 2008
Coon Rapids, Minnesota.
Yeah i could put my female in the 5g, i'm just not sure how long it would take her to get used to it. Because i put her in there for awhile and she looked like she was really stressed from the filter X__X so i freaked out and took her out.

Petco carrys halfmoons now? O_O
*runs to petco.... when my mom will bring me* =X

When did petco start carrying halfmoons? are they good quality?

Pretty betta by the way :D

Aug 25, 2007
in front of my computer
Do you have a statue or something you could put under the flow to break it up?

I happened to go to Petco here recently and saw 1 halfmoon. I don't remember the price here, it was more than the others they had, but it looked healthy and really was a halfmoon. Beyond that I don't know enough to comment on quality, and they only had one I saw at my location.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store